Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace/Brighton - explained by an Eagle?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Once upon a time in a football stadium far far away, a handsome band of footballers took on a team from the dark side...

Is that a good start?

PM me CB.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton till i die said:
Would be great to experience the same atmosphere just for the Palace Brighton games i think!!:lolol:
You mAy well on Tuesday night. Will be great enough regardless.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Croydonbloke said:
You mAy well on Tuesday night. Will be great enough regardless.

The atmosphere will be ruined by OB overkill, those glory days of the 70's and 80's will never return.

Think about it, most of the north stand would be sent to prison if those matches were played now!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This thread has got my spine tingling for the game on Tuesday. I am really up for it now!!

26/12/79 Wed. FL D1 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan 28,358

This was the game I have fondest memories of. I worked at the dog track around the corner and we had Boxing day morning meeting. Finished at 1pm and went straight to the ground. North Stand busy by 130, heaving by 2pm. Right from the kof, Albion bear down on the north goal, Ward is sent tumbling Penalty! we all go ape sh*t as Nobby tucks it away. Then Wardie is through, turns Cannon and smashes it in right in front of us 2-0!!!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, o what fun it is to see, Palace lose away, hey!

The WHOLE North Stand is bouncing up and down singing that.

I was 16.

PG

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Peter Grummit said:
This thread has got my spine tingling for the game on Tuesday. I am really up for it now!!

26/12/79 Wed. FL D1 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan 28,358

This was the game I have fondest memories of. I worked at the dog track around the corner and we had Boxing day morning meeting. Finished at 1pm and went straight to the ground. North Stand busy by 130, heaving by 2pm. Right from the kof, Albion bear down on the north goal, Ward is sent tumbling Penalty! we all go ape sh*t as Nobby tucks it away. Then Wardie is through, turns Cannon and smashes it in right in front of us 2-0!!!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, o what fun it is to see, Palace lose away, hey!

The WHOLE North Stand is bouncing up and down singing that.

I was 16.

PG

And it was the start of the "Boxing Day" chant that day, too. Great memories. I was in the North Stand right behind the goal and I'm sure Nobby didn't just tuck it away. I thought he hammered it as hard as he could.....but it was 26 years ago, mind.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here