Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Away

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
But what if you don't want to go to brighton or haywards heath, bet they still try and get us all on it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh FFS. I live in London and everytime these trains are laid on the Police dont care where you want to go they just try and get you on the specials.

This is not good imo!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Oh FFS. I live in London and everytime these trains are laid on the Police dont care where you want to go they just try and get you on the specials.

This is not good imo!

Well rather than getting arsey, aggressive or moan at the police, try using a bit of savvy? Have something with you that proves that you are not living in Brighton?

Last time when we eventually got to the Sargeant we explained that none of us at the time were based in Brighton, showed him our various train tickets to other places etc and in the end they let us go to Selhurst station (with the comment you are on your on).

But if you take an aggressive stance with the law, they will probably ignore you and make you go to Haywards Heath.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Uncle Buck said:
Well rather than getting arsey, aggressive or moan at the police, try using a bit of savvy? Have something with you that proves that you are not living in Brighton?

Last time when we eventually got to the Sargeant we explained that none of us at the time were based in Brighton, showed him our various train tickets to other places etc and in the end they let us go to Selhurst station (with the comment you are on your on).

But if you take an aggressive stance with the law, they will probably ignore you and make you go to Haywards Heath.

Spot on. Having taken advice on the matter I intend taking ID that shows I am a Croydonian and will hopefully be able to escape the long arm of the law.

The main message must be to put your message across politley it will save you grief in the long run.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton Bloke said:
I am a Croydonian .
No you are not. You are adopted by Croydon I on the other hand am a Croydonian but live eslewhere but still class myself as such. How will I get a train back to West Sussex Without rubbing shoulders with the enemy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Croydonbloke said:
No you are not. You are adopted by Croydon I on the other hand am a Croydonian but live eslewhere but still class myself as such. How will I get a train back to West Sussex Without rubbing shoulders with the enemy.

Well convert to us then. You know you want to...come on say it seagulls seagulls seagulls....

:drink:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You'll be alright croydonbloke, you won't be surrounded by half the met police on horses !!!!!. To be fair last time we just waitied until the masses started moving towards the station adn then just went to a copper and said we needed to get to selhurst station they let us through saying don't come crying to me if you get beaten up. TWAT

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I just hope that there is a train from Haywards Heath to Eastbourne when I get there.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
The last train from Haywards Heath to Eastbourne/Brighton is the 0005 from Victoria, so I guess about 1am from HH.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I am going on the supporters club as usual, but will it be like last time when i had to explain politely to a copper. "What part of i dont want to go to the f***ing station, dont you understand?" And will the tossers hide the coaches again? No information on where they were, old bill had great fun in sending us up and down that bloody hill for over an hour. WANKERS!:(

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Allow me to be smug for once? This is the one game I can get to and from easily, living three miles from S***hurst Park. So no trains, no park 'n' rides, no arsey police...

To them, I'm just another local resident, going about my lawful business, watching my local side.... with tickets I bought from my home address, proving that I must of course be a fan of AJ, and Clinton, and Iain and all the rest... sauntering into the Albion (Norwood High St - and a Palace pub) for a decent post-match pint...

Extract from The Secret Life of Albion Mole....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't see that they have any legal power to make you get on a particular train.

The main thing if they are getting pushy is to not rise to it or become aggressive in any way, or allow them to wind you up to the extent that they can nick you for something tenuous.

I had a lively "debate" with a particularly smug and know-it-all Met officer in Brighton yesterday, so not in the best of moods with them anyway

:lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Albion Dan said:

This is not good imo!

bring the card version of your drivers licence it has your address on

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
edna krabappel said:
I can't see that they have any legal power to make you get on a particular train.

The main thing if they are getting pushy is to not rise to it or become aggressive in any way, or allow them to wind you up to the extent that they can nick you for something tenuous.

I had a lively "debate" with a particularly smug and know-it-all Met officer in Brighton yesterday, so not in the best of moods with them anyway

:lolol:

The Met? Smug? Know-it-all? Surely not....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Croydonbloke said:

Easy. Meet up with Brighton Bloke and swap shirts for 24 hours :lolol:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Uncle Buck said:

We tried the polite pleading approach and still got herded to Norwood, along wth some old guy who was parked at the ground!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just revised our travel plans - going by train now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here