Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace away allocation

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be realistic. If a local farmer between The Amex and Lewes turns one of his fields into a caravan site, not only will he make a killing; Palace will sell out our away end. What's the local Palace real ale we will be selling at the way end: "London's Pride"!

Better if he turned it into a car park-may need some hardcore down first though-did we miss a trick with the excavated chalk i wonder.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Be realistic. If a local farmer between The Amex and Lewes turns one of his fields into a caravan site, not only will he make a killing; Palace will sell out our away end. What's the local Palace real ale we will be selling at the way end: "London's Pride"!

I've already booked in at Sheepcote valley.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I don't know why there is such an obsession over support from your lot all of a sudden, you're worse than Charlton fans. Plenty of you mention us not selling out at The Withdean when you couldn't sell out the home end either.

You'll get around 3,200 minimum. The police will also ask for one block as segregation (another 1,000) seats so we'll have roughly 20,000 tickets in the home end which we'll sell more or less.

Avoided the question churley, but taking your figure of 20,000 you sound like a politician will you sell your tickets or not. If not and bearing in mind that your overstretching yourselves on bringing in players you simply can't afford. Surely better to sell the tickets to our great club than have many empty seats in your end. Mr CHURLISH oh an number 1 (is there more churlish fans out there then) we are back and thanks for the 6 points !

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Apparently we're only getting the same amount of tickets as we can give them unlike previous times where we've had more, anyone else think this is fair?

This is what I have researched and believe to be the case regarding large numbers of away fans, it is not fact and I could be totally wrong.

The area/blocks of seats designated for visiting fans total approx 2300, this can and has been increased depending on demand by home and away fans. The stand itself holds in the region of 10,000 and contains ST holders who can be asked to move to another stand if the away support is expected to be large. Even if the stand was given entirely to Away fans there would still be a large segregated area created and away numbers restricted to approx 6000, this however reduces potential home supporters to approx 16000 seats which given the interest that this game will generate would not be enough, therefore I would suggest that Palace will see how much segregation the Police insist on, at a guess a third of the stand, which would allow approx 20,000 home fans and approx 3,300 Albion fans. It could be though that an initial 2300 tickets are allocated with another 1000 available after a deadline for Palace fans to take up tickets has passed. It is possible of course that the game is made all ticket and Palace ST holders allowed to buy a guest ticket each, this along with general sales will almost certainly mean that 20,000 will be achieved, the question will be if they can sell 21,000 thus restricting Albion to the reserved 2,300.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
This is what I have researched and believe to be the case regarding large numbers of away fans, it is not fact and I could be totally wrong.

The area/blocks of seats designated for visiting fans total approx 2300, this can and has been increased depending on demand by home and away fans. The stand itself holds in the region of 10,000 and contains ST holders who can be asked to move to another stand if the away support is expected to be large. Even if the stand was given entirely to Away fans there would still be a large segregated area created and away numbers restricted to approx 6000, this however reduces potential home supporters to approx 16000 seats which given the interest that this game will generate would not be enough, therefore I would suggest that Palace will see how much segregation the Police insist on, at a guess a third of the stand, which would allow approx 20,000 home fans and approx 3,300 Albion fans. It could be though that an initial 2300 tickets are allocated with another 1000 available after a deadline for Palace fans to take up tickets has passed. It is possible of course that the game is made all ticket and Palace ST holders allowed to buy a guest ticket each, this along with general sales will almost certainly mean that 20,000 will be achieved, the question will be if they can sell 21,000 thus restricting Albion to the reserved 2,300.

Ignoring the idiotic posts on here from morons, our owners do not need the money from your rabble.They are long term fans and so following from that hate your club.You will get the basic 3200.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Ignoring the idiotic posts on here from morons, our owners do not need the money from your rabble.They are long term fans and so following from that hate your club.You will get the basic 3200.

2,300 is what I think you meant to say, I believe that will be the case for segregation purposes and home supporters demand, teams have been given more than this in the past simply because the demand from home supporters has not been there, not the case on this occassion I doubt.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
2,300 is what I think you meant to say, I believe that will be the case for segregation purposes and home supporters demand, teams have been given more than this in the past simply because the demand from home supporters has not been there, not the case on this occassion I doubt.
i think it will be 3200 as that leaves enough room for segregation and Palace can still have the old away end with its small barrier between the fans.Remember that away fans are now at the opposite end to before.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If was laughing about the Swansea to game to some Palace mates, but apparently it was a midday kickoff on a sunday or something.

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell out their allocation. Just so you know, they DID sell out their allocation at Millwall. I was in the room when my mate tried to buy a ticket over the phone, and they were sold out. He didn't take it very well when I laughed at him though :lolol:

To be honest, they'll probably sell most of Selhurst. The crowd should be somewhere around 22k/23k. Looking at their website, they averaged around 20k in the last 5/6 home games of last season. Their average attendance actually went up last year, but I'll pretend I didn't see that!

Thats because they were giving away free tickets to local families and school kids as mentioned on the late show by Mark Bright.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Thats because they were giving away free tickets to local families and school kids as mentioned on the late show by Mark Bright.

Worked though, perhaps we should have done similar at the Goldstone all those years ago, and the Withdean !

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Worked though, perhaps we should have done similar at the Goldstone all those years ago, and the Withdean !

agree, it has worked for Crawley as well last season, looks like we wont have to worry about doing it for next season at least

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
i think it will be 3200 as that leaves enough room for segregation and Palace can still have the old away end with its small barrier between the fans.Remember that away fans are now at the opposite end to before.

Oh ok thanks, I think some on here think that there will be 6000 available but 3200 seems fair.

calne eagle

Jun 19, 2011
If was laughing about the Swansea to game to some Palace mates, but apparently it was a midday kickoff on a sunday or something.

Actually 12:45 on a Saturday. But it was still a very piddly amount of fans (I am allowed to say this, I was one of the 287 - and even then we were late in to the ground as the train was delayed by a lorry hitting a bridge in Cardiff). We were noisy, though.

It's surprising that the seats at the Withdean weren't filled when we came, as tickets were like gold dust, and went to the first tranche of megaloyalty points away supporters.

I'm pretty sure that SP will be near as dammit a sell-out for this game, however many you get. I'm even more sure that the pubs will all be shut :annoyed:

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

We have our own ale. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/morrissey-fox-palace-blond-ale/147014/

Cask at the Cricketers, Croydon. Special ale brewed for Crystal Palace football club. It pours straw yellow, with a big foamy white head and soft carbonation. The nose is floral, hay and grass. The taste is hay, grass, white bread, light lemon, butter and metal, with a light bitter-dry finish. A light, drinkable blonde ale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here