Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
England win by 26 runs

:clap: :banana:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
England made an exciting test match on a dire pitch through sheer force of will. This match was a better pitch, plenty for spin and seam.

Again, Stokes captaincy was excellent, seemed to be in tune with the pitch, when it was turning, when the ball was ready for some pace and reverse. Really used his resources well. The question mark of playing Jimmy, Robinson, Wood and Stokes answered emphatically with 6 wickets in the match for Wood, 3 for Jimmy and Robinson. Root and Leach proving to be reliable and dangerous, Root must be delighted with his 3 wickets from his 31 overs.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I know others may disagree but I actually wouldn’t have been too concerned had we lost. Stokes and McCullum are making test cricket exciting for those who didn’t already appreciate that it’s the best form of cricket. It’s almost as if they want to win but they want it to be as exciting as possible. Another fantastic test match and cricket is the winner. A brilliant watch!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know others may disagree but I actually wouldn’t have been too concerned had we lost. Stokes and McCullum are making test cricket exciting for those who didn’t already appreciate that it’s the best form of cricket. It’s almost as if they want to win but they want it to be as exciting as possible. Another fantastic test match and cricket is the winner. A brilliant watch!
Agree - still think we were a bit daft in the second part of our second innings, wasn't any need to be quite so reckless with so much time left but it made the overall game more interesting :laugh:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
8 wickets to the pace bowlers, that doesn't happen in that part of the world... :thumbsup:
It's not uncommon historically in Pakistan, although the spinners do take a lot. The pitches were always pretty slow, but the biggest issue was the rubbish over rates and the quickly fading light.

I know some of us rally against those who have a go at Test cricket, but where matches in Pakistan were concerned I'll concede they had a point.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well that was fun …

Hello NSC from Pakistan. What amazing people, so kind and hospitable. A lovely country, with a fascinating culture.

And the cricket was brilliant!!!!
806D95F6-CF61-46F2-A9C3-A40DE00CBCF5.jpeg
F4E99EC7-4C25-4897-AF18-FEC29F63239E.jpeg
C67F9F53-ADEC-4AFB-A2FF-D94AD8294F1E.jpeg
1341DAE0-C1E3-45EE-9FE7-7FD720D0ABF5.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water