Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan disaster - why don't religions help out?

Religious organizations are some of the wealthiest concerns in the World, and claim to be on the side of goodness by deeds and example.
Why is the flooding disaster mostly up to charitable donations and political leaders of countries, to help out?
When, just for instance, is the Vatican going to throw their hand in the ring?
Surely they have enough in their coffers to save millions - yet they only encourage more births to the poor?
They are just one example - not singling them out for sole blame or anything

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed the Catholics looted £millions from South America and they are minted. Time to open the purse, Fritz.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Religious organizations are some of the wealthiest concerns in the World, and claim to be on the side of goodness by deeds and example.
Why is the flooding disaster mostly up to charitable donations and political leaders of countries, to help out?
When, just for instance, is the Vatican going to throw their hand in the ring?
Surely they have enough in their coffers to save millions - yet they only encourage more births to the poor?
They are just one example - not singling them out for sole blame or anything

Of course you know all about the role the Catholic Church is playing, yes?

For example that CAFOD (the aid wing of the church) has been amongst the forerunners in getting aid out there. And that there will be collections at every Catholic Church in Britain and Ireland (and probably the rest of Europe but I wouldn't know) next week, which will raise absolutely millions if not billions.

But hey, lets just assume they're doing bugger all...

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom

For example that CAFOD (the aid wing of the church) has been amongst the forerunners in getting aid out there. And that there will be COLLECTIONS at every Catholic Church in Britain and Ireland (and probably the rest of Europe but I wouldn't know) next week, which will raise absolutely millions if not billions.

But hey, lets just assume they're doing bugger all

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

For example that CAFOD (the aid wing of the church) has been amongst the forerunners in getting aid out there. And that there will be COLLECTIONS at every Catholic Church in Britain and Ireland (and probably the rest of Europe but I wouldn't know) next week, which will raise absolutely millions if not billions.

But hey, lets just assume they're doing bugger all

I presume you're not too stupid to understand that the wealth of the Catholic Church is effectively the wallets of the people that sit on its pews (sp) each week. If they tell people to give to the people of Pakistan instead of the church, it is effectively a donation from the church itself.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
I presume you're not too stupid to understand that the wealth of the Catholic Church is effectively the wallets of the people that sit on its pews (sp) each week. If they tell people to give to the people of Pakistan instead of the church, it is effectively a donation from the church itself.

would not know i dont fall for that religous bullshit.
why don't the church just donate from their own coffers instead of putting new roof on run down building that less and less people use anymore.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

For example that CAFOD (the aid wing of the church) has been amongst the forerunners in getting aid out there. And that there will be collections at every Catholic Church in Britain and Ireland (and probably the rest of Europe but I wouldn't know) next week, which will raise absolutely millions if not billions.

But hey, lets just assume they're doing bugger all...

For someone who is educating us about the role of the RC church in the aid effort you dont appear to know too much about it either - there is a big, big difference between 'millions' and 'billions for starters'!!

And as for the RC church doing 'bugger all' - well, lets not even go there!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
would not know i dont fall for that religous bullshit.
why don't the church just donate from their own coffers instead of putting new roof on run down building that less and less people use anymore.

Well there we go, you're not really bothered with actually thinking about it logically.

But basically, the Catholic Church isn't a bunch of poor people who sit and listen to what a rich organisation tells them - both sides make up the Church. As an organisation, the church deals with huge amounts of money (and sits on some material wealth - property/art etc), but its not a company turning over massive profits each week. Its income largely comes from congregations, and the hierarchy then decides to outlay that where necessary. So the ORGANISATION (laity and clergy) is donating a huge amount of money next week.

So "donating from their coffers instead of fixing a church roof" is exactly what they are doing.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
For someone who is educating us about the role of the RC church in the aid effort you dont appear to know too much about it either - there is a big, big difference between 'millions' and 'billions for starters'!!

And as for the RC church doing 'bugger all' - well, lets not even go there!!

Thats clever, knock down my point without offering any reasoning as to why. Perhaps the billions comment was wrong, although a worldwide collection at churches would bring in a huge amount.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Well there we go, you're not really bothered with actually thinking about it logically.

But basically, the Catholic Church isn't a bunch of poor people who sit and listen to what a rich organisation tells them - both sides make up the Church. As an organisation, the church deals with huge amounts of money (and sits on some material wealth - property/art etc), but its not a company turning over massive profits each week. Its income largely comes from congregations, and the hierarchy then decides to outlay that where necessary. So the ORGANISATION (laity and clergy) is donating a huge amount of money next week.

So "donating from their coffers instead of fixing a church roof" is exactly what they are doing.

why would i think about anything to do with the catholic church logically, nothing about the church or what it preaches is logical

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
why would i think about anything to do with the catholic church logically, nothing about the church or what it preaches is logical

Fair enough, thats your opinion that you are entitled to, I have no interest in arguing over people's personal beliefs.

However, all I presented to you was the fact that the Church is donating considerable money to the Pakistan disaster funds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here