Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Painter

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I didn't see him actually pull up. All I saw was him sit down on the ground and look really dejected. El Abd was stripped off immediately and came on to replace him, so all that suggests to me that it was a recurrence of his original injury. A real shame for him. Hope he recovers soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He was probably keen to play fair play to him,the sicknotes we have signed could take a leaf out of his book

He's been very lucky with injuries up until now hasn't he. Ever present ever since being originally brought in on Loan a couple of seasons ago I think ?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nothing personal against him, but that was the greatest blessing of the game. El-Abd is class, and if most defenders are fit in the future, Painter shouldn't be getting anywhere near the starting lineup.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nothing personal against him, but that was the greatest blessing of the game. El-Abd is class, and if most defenders are fit in the future, Painter shouldn't be getting anywhere near the starting lineup.

El Abd played well today. My biggest concern over Painter is his lack of pace - in this division it seems to me he gets skinned a bit too often - Bristol City away being the obvious example where Albert Adomah rang rings round him. Having said that, El Abd has been found out for pace on occasions this season too. No one from Peterborough today would have troubled either of them though. If I really had to choose between the two I'd go for El Abd because he's a player who you feel will die for the cause, and he's versatile enough to play anywhere across the back.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, I believe I caught him tarmacking my drive earlier...hmmm ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looked more like it was a precaution, he seemed to walk off ok.

Good call. I certainly didn't see him pull up in the classic way a hamstring goes and he did walk off ok. The dejected look though suggests that it was the old injury come back, so perhaps a tweak and he just knew it would eventually go again if he carried on playing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

El-Abd did well today with Barnes working very well down the left but he cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called a left back. Hope Painter gets fit soon, he must be really frustrated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here