Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paint pot shrewsbury V Albion

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
İbrahim Tatlıses;2720345 said:
We do play like that each week, that's why we are flirting with relegation. Very unimpressive performance.

You are far more depressing than the football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought, after a shaky start that we grew in confidence and we were actually playing like a team by the 2nd half. Yeah we rode our luck a bit but that was actually quite encouraging as we did not seem to be the clueless muppets we've looked in virtually every game I've seen us this season. Credit where it's due and I hope this is not yet another false dawn.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
But he does have a point

Shrewsbury are a very good 4th division side playing at home having scored loads of goals. We are an average third division side punching below our weight at the moment.

I thought we had no chance of keeping a clean sheet and would do very well to get a draw. We did both and didn't play that badly..I've seen us worse this season.

We won. Who cares how?

I suppose it all depends on whether you approach life with your glass half-full or half-empty. NSC is full of half-emptiers which does make it more depressing than the football.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Shrewsbury are a very good 4th division side playing at home having scored loads of goals. We are an average third division side punching below our weight at the moment.

I thought we had no chance of keeping a clean sheet and would do very well to get a draw. We did both and didn't play that badly..I've seen us worse this season.

We won. Who cares how?

I suppose it all depends on whether you approach life with your glass half-full or half-empty. NSC is full of half-emptiers which does make it more depressing than the football.

Ow, I'm definitely a half empty sort, with a slice of lemon at Xmas. Well done for winning a game at last lads, hopefully you'll draw confidence from that and start putting some points on the table.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I could conclude from that that I know nothing about football and was watching a different game tonight.

However, I will conclude something else....

You are beyond bias if you think that was a good showing.

Sully was Brightons mom for a reason.
How many saves did the Shrewsbury keeper have to make compaired to Sully?

El Abd was a joke, endlessly giving the ball away.

Thr "crossing" on show tonight was an interesting mixture of shit and utter shit.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You are beyond bias if you think that was a good showing.

Sully was Brightons mom for a reason.
How many saves did the Shrewsbury keeper have to make compaired to Sully?

El Abd was a joke, endlessly giving the ball away.

Thr "crossing" on show tonight was an interesting mixture of shit and utter shit.

Sorry Pete, but that's just a crock of shite.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry Pete, but that's just a crock of shite.

Really?

If it wasnt for Sully Brighton wouldnt of even made it to pens.

The midfield - except Thornton shold no imagination and seem to slow down play every thime there seemed to be a break on.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
dont think there was much between the 2 sides lower 2(3) and upper 3(4) divisions. They could have had it if sullivan werent so good, we missed the woodword closely 2 or 3 times. ok match, we must practice pens a lot they keep seeing us through. fair result? dunno 50:50 ish

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Area Finals 1st leg week com 19th Jan
2nd leg week com 16th Feb

Final 5th April

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've just read through ALL of this thread after coming home from the match, and it just goes to show that watching on television doesn't give a true picture of what's happening.

If ever a game could be described as a 'game of two halves' then that was it. We couldn't get out of our own half of the pitch in the first half, but in the second, afer an even start, we looked like the only team that was going to score.

Sullivan played well, a mature preformance. Whing and Richards were good especially when pushing up. Hinsh and Elphick were steady, I am worried about Hinsh's injury though. El-Abd I thought was poor at times, not doing the breaking up job as well as he might by letting the forward get goal side too often, Virgo huffed and puffed but didn't really make an impact, Thornton was excellent after 70 mins (why was he subbed, were we trying to get to penalties?), Cox buzzed about, and played better when his mate Jake (who was lively) came on. McLeod was poor, got injured and went off, we improved when he went. Forster did a good job, for an old fella, up front on his own.

The switch to 4-4-2 seemed to improve us, I hope we stick to that from now on.

We never looked like missing a penalty.

I really enjoyed the match, the new Shrewsbury stadium is good with nice cottage pies and bottles of Grolsh available. Good atmosphere in our end,we out sung Shrewsbury.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Good post - I think Thornton was injured? I watched it on TV and was just glad we got through. Any win's good at the moment.

I've just read through ALL of this thread after coming home from the match, and it just goes to show that watching on television doesn't give a true picture of what's happening.

If ever a game could be described as a 'game of two halves' then that was it. We couldn't get out of our own half of the pitch in the first half, but in the second, afer an even start, we looked like the only team that was going to score.

Sullivan played well, a mature preformance. Whing and Richards were good especially when pushing up. Hinsh and Elphick were steady, I am worried about Hinsh's injury though. El-Abd I thought was poor at times, not doing the breaking up job as well as he might by letting the forward get goal side too often, Virgo huffed and puffed but didn't really make an impact, Thornton was excellent after 70 mins (why was he subbed, were we trying to get to penalties?), Cox buzzed about, and played better when his mate Jake (who was lively) came on. McLeod was poor, got injured and went off, we improved when he went. Forster did a good job, for an old fella, up front on his own.

I really enjoyed the match, the new Shrewsbury stadium is good with nice cottage pies and bottles of Grolsh available. Good atmosphere in our end,we out sung Shrewsbury.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

thanks for that balanced view.....I listened to it on the PC (did get the match live but the time lapse was driving me mad so preferred to listen) it sounded much as you have described and the fact that a lot of the youngsters got their chance made it an even better result.
I lived in Shrewsbury some time ago(my daughter was born there) and visited the Gay meadow many times ........good they have their new stadium and that some poor sod does not have to row like mad down the river Severn to collect stray balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here