Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Paint)ing over the cracks.

Sep 5, 2008
I fear that this tournament is going to paper over the cracks for Micky and keep him in a job.
The fact is, the team has been dire. We aren't actually winning games in 90 mins and that was against a lower league side.

We are languishing in 20th place and are in a relegation scrap.

Does anyone not realise who we are donig well in the JPT, we aren't playing a squad full of loans. The team has a better understanding.

Robinson also deserves to start a game, we are not gonig up now, I doubt we will go down so give the lad a chance

Micky Adams - I have lost the faith

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
we won, against a team who score alot of goals at home. we've been playing shite recently, and our defence and keeper looked very solid. midfield, thornton & to a lesser extent cox played superb as well. el abd & virgo 'did' a job in midfield

there isn't much difference between league 1 and 2 in reality either.

So all in all a good result for the team, that will hopefully give them a boost.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True, you can't polish a turd............

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I think Robinson certainly deserves to start the next game. With all the injuries n'all and he was lively tonight, so yea, he defo deserves to start.

I fear that this tournament is going to paper over the cracks for Micky and keep him in a job.
The fact is, the team has been dire. We aren't actually winning games in 90 mins and that was against a lower league side.

We are languishing in 20th place and are in a relegation scrap.

Does anyone not realise who we are donig well in the JPT, we aren't playing a squad full of loans. The team has a better understanding.

Robinson also deserves to start a game, we are not gonig up now, I doubt we will go down so give the lad a chance

Micky Adams - I have lost the faith

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Not the best performance in the world but when the chance came we took it , but yet again we lose players which could have been influential in the league through injury or in virgos case his mouth .

It was nice to see Robinson and indeed it did liven up but its not good and is certainly not of the quality you would hope from a side which finished 7th only 7 months ago , while MA will probably be stressing how essential it was to win tonight I fear a very torrid xmas

But on the up the ground starts in earnest tomorrow ( was it me or did dick look like he had a good slapping or one too many) and we are in a final over 2 legs which we would hopefully be favourites ..... reasons to be cheerful?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i have only seen the boys a couple of times this season, but i was generally pretty pleased with the display.
thornton is th one to get hold of permenantly.

i would happily take a trip to wembley and staying up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the point about the loan players is a good one. We should be fielding a predominantly youth based team with the odd wise head in it and maybe one or two loan players. The balance looked so much better tonight, right from the start. The way forward HAS to be in our young players.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Once again it was alarming how a team - ANY team - can right straight at our defence and get a shot in on goal completely unchallenged. Just won't do :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here