Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Padded Seats in the South and Visiting Supporters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Presuming that they are padded, how long will they remain unmolested by visiting fans and their car keys etc? I can't see them being intact after a visit from our Croydon chums.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I asked that at my presentation. Answer was that 'treat people well and they'll behave well'. Fair play to the club for that.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Then that club will get the bill for repairs hopefully... But, then again they will only pay up for about 1 in 10 that get's damaged knowing them!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I asked that at my presentation. Answer was that 'treat people well and they'll behave well'. Fair play to the club for that.

A lot of truth in that I reckon for the vast majority of people. One reason that mass crowd trouble has settled down since the police began to take a far less confrontational approach post-Hillsborough. In the old days, you were treated like animals and when people get pushed around, even the more mild-mannered ones eventually get fed up with it.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Been on my mind too, would like to think that it has been pre agreed or at least clubs have been warned that any vandalism from visiting supporters will have to be paid
for by themselves or there will be sanctions in future.

Should be enough deterent if visiting fans know this (well you'd hope so)

Since names are associated with tickets at purchase, isn't there a responsibility that goes with the ticket?

If the groundsmen check seats after every match and find one damaged deliberately, then it ought to be simple to call the purchaser of that seat's ticket, and perhaps review video footage from the event too.

Last edited:

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
I reckon if you put some sexy shielas around the visitors entrance
'Good afternoon sir, enjoy the game, Sonia here will show you to your seat.
Have a nice day.
Surely on CCTV ?
What's the problem ?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Bill the offending football club, if they won't pay withhold tickets the following season. Go after any offenders via the seat number.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
It will happen I'm sure. Just hope not too often. Going after the offender via the seat number won't work because the chances are they won't actually damage their own seat and then sit on it for the rest of the game. With a bit of luck when we play Palarce they won't realise that their seats fold down and they will either stand up or sit on the floor out of habit.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
These situations between other clubs (e.g. Rangers-Celtic, Villa-Brum, etc) are dealt with by the visiting club then picking up the tab.
BHA would check every in tact beforehand.

Otherwise some away fans would vandalise everything in sight at no cost to their club. Would be anarchy.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's a point I've made before but I feel is worth making again. Most of the away fans for the big games will be season ticket holders at their respective clubs and therefore generally not of the trouble-making mould IMHO.

Last edited:

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
Thought the seats and the view from The South Stand yesterday were superb.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here