Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PA Systems and Goal Music

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're a parent, aren't you, Easy. That falls into the pantheon of 'The Empty Threat'. Another fine example is 'If you don't go to sleep you will NOT be going on holiday to Corfu tomorrow!'

Its a fair cop.
But I would be hitting the club with a strongly worded letter and an intensely prolongued leaflet campaign.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hadn't really noticed 'goal music' until that Norwich match the other night. I wouldn't have really minded, but it was the SAME tune 6 (six) times. Very robotic, false and forced reactions from the Norwich supporters. I thought that they might be a bit more real than that, supporting a lower league club. Sniff.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its a fair cop.
But I would be hitting the club with a strongly worded letter and an intensely prolongued leaflet campaign.

61621_1206111608892_full.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can you imagine the Robbie Reinult goal or the Virgo goal against Swindon followed immediately by some James Brown or Lady Gaga?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A few years back in a Euro Chumps League match in Turkey... think it was Fernabache v Chelsea, they went one better and had the PA guy commentating and stoking up the crowd during the match!! Ref had to tell someone to tell him to shut the f*ck up... I thought it was well funny.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A few years back in a Euro Chumps League match in Turkey... think it was Fernabache v Chelsea, they went one better and had the PA guy commentating and stoking up the crowd during the match!! Ref had to tell someone to tell him to shut the f*ck up... I thought it was well funny.

Albion vs Doncaster/Darlington? on boxing day (?) at Gillingham during a 4-4, had either Paul Samrah or Atilla doing that too :lolol:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
And what are the parameters for it ? If you're getting tonked 3-0 or 4-0 at home but scramble back a meaningless consolation goal in injury time, do they STILL turn on the disco ?

We should ask the Palace fans.

I remember the 7.1 win away at Chester when Bobby was only on loan & bagged a hatrick. When Chester finally scored, they played Blur at full volume, although it was drowned out by our cheering!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

they do that in Italy...the bloke at Napoli used to start the songs off.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Albion vs Doncaster/Darlington? on boxing day (?) at Gillingham during a 4-4, had either Paul Samrah or Atilla doing that too :lolol:

it was against Colchester - I think Paul Emblem scored a hat-rick that day. I also believe Atilla got in trouble for playing Anarchy in the UK at half-time which apparently was banned from all football grounds on police advice some years earlier.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I enjoy it at the Twenty20 cricket, wouldn't want it at the AMEX though.

You may enjoy it....its precisely why I won't go anywhere near a Twenty20 .....horrible, cheap, trashy watered down imitation of a beautiful game..enjoyed by many without the time, patience, knowledge and intelligence to understand the intricacies and depth of a proper game of cricket.
...and playing music!!!!!...ffs....you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You may enjoy it....its precisely why I won't go anywhere near a Twenty20 .....horrible, cheap, trashy watered down imitation of a beautiful game..enjoyed by many without the time, patience, knowledge and intelligence to understand the intricacies and depth of a proper game of cricket.
...and playing music!!!!!...ffs....you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

It's to keep you awake, innit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here