Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P.C Drive help needed please.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bearing in mind i know next to bugger all about computers i need help but no complicated terminology please .

I brought a dvd R/RW some time ago and installed it alright(at least i think i have).When i look in Nero on drive tests ect it all comes up ,the name of the drive etc and in the control panel its all there.The problem is when i want to save photos on it it just says ;E:\is not accessible - the device is not ready.Any help more than welcome.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
If its an internal one, it might be because the jumpers at the back of your main CD Drive and DVD drive conflict. There are seperate pins for master/slave setups, both are etched onto the drive housing.
Not nec the answer but it could be.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I did follow what it said when installing about having this as a secondary drive etc.I did the pins accordingly

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
I had a similar prob with one i was installing for a friend..the answer was to completely remove the jumper from the secondary drive, i know this conflicts what i've said previously but it did do the trick. Worth a go as it won't do any damage.
Also, silly thing, is the ribbon lead in securely?

It doesn't sound software related to me. But then we all live and learn!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think I had a problem like this when I first used Nero. You have to select it as the drive to use for burning in one of the options menu's. Somewhere there is a drop-down menu where it lists all of your drives and you can select your dvd burner.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Try "Recorder" from the top menu then "Choose Recorder" or "Medium Info".

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
doesn't nero automatically detect what type of drives you have? mine did. Unless i was just lucky

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It detected it but didn't actually select it. When I went to the options it was there to be selected from the drop down menu but it didn't actually select it for me.

re-al

May 22, 2004
Southend
you can just "dump" the files onto the disc if you're using XP
sry ive never had a problem with installing CD drives
can you burn music and othe files onto discs with it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here