Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oxlade-Chamberlain signing confirmed

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
Does anyone else think the fact that their academy is so well respected has bumped the price up ridiculously high? If Bennett came through a similar system i reckon he'd be worth that. Still, fair play to them for playing on that, they've got a great deal there.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
£12m + £3m in add-ons? Or £5m with possible £5m in add-ons? Who's right? Big difference. It's officially undisclosed so I guess we won't know....

I think its £12m + £3m, the figure quoted by BBC and Sky. Also Saints website is saying it blows their previous transfer record "out of the water". Given that the previous record was £11m for Walcott, £15m sounds right.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very good bit of business by SCC, now they can really push the boat out. There's now every chance that they are this season's Norwich.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Very good bit of business by SCC, now they can really push the boat out. There's now every chance that they are this season's Norwich.

To be honest they had a Championship team in league 1 last season. So it hasn't come as any huge surprise to me that they will do well this season, especially seeing as Adkins (love him or loathe him) is a good manager

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The only thing that could hold SCC back is the burden of expectation but frankly I don't see that being an issue. They've already set their stall out by thumping Leeds. Seeing as unlike some in this league they are solvent and have paid the debts in full good luck to them I say.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
A great deal for Saints I feel. As good as Chambo is, and will become, he played 32 minutes during our club record breaking 7 league games won in a row. So we are by no means dependant on him. As with Bridge, Bale, Walcott etc I wish them well and will always consider them as 'Saints'.

It's also decent to see lots of the unsavouriness between BHA and SFC seems to have wained. I think, from a Saints fans' point of view anyway, that I have always looked out for Brighton's results as they are another south coast club (Pompey excluded). However neither BHA or SFC fans like the oppositions manager haha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here