Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oxfordshire Supporters of the Albion

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
nicko31 - I live in Abingdon too! (originally from Lewes)

Are you who I met in Waitrose a couple(?) of years back, with your son??

Do you have a car with BHA in its reg? I'm sure I've seen one round town - a black pick-up type thing, if I remember rightly?

We have a green Zafira with a 'Sussex By The Sea' sticker in the back - I didn't go to the Bmuff game, but we were going out of town (to A34 south) at about 12-12.15pm on Satdi, so could've been us...?!!

BTW - my son plays youth cricket for Abingdon Vale

Paolo

Yes I think it was a Zafira heading south (just assumed you were on your way to the game) and I do have a BHA number plate, but on a BMW

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I mostly grew up in Carterton, but thankfully we moved home to God's Own County when I was 16.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
i'm in amersham, bucks - what chance some organised travel - particularly to away games?

My uncle used to live in Amersham. Used to visit a lot when I was younger. Small world.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I live in the Republic of Carterton and a season ticket holder with my dad and son, always up for a lift share!

Spooky my aunt, used to live in Calderon. Used to visit a lot when I was younger. Very small world.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lolol:

Whereabouts in Carterton did she live, just out of curiosity?

I can't remember the name of the road. It was back in the 70s. I remember Carterton being a quiet place and there was a park nearby. Rod Thomas, the swindon player, owned a sports shop there.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I live in a small village just the Bucks side of the border near Thame and 10 miles from Oxford. The brother of a former Seagull lives in the village as well and one of car park attendants at the weekly Thame cattle market is also a Seagulls fan. We get all over the place! The Mrs and I are Amex season ticket holders. Would be interested to know how other "locals" get to the Amex. Been trying to persuade Seagulls Travel to run a coach from the Reading area.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I live in a small village just the Bucks side of the border near Thame and 10 miles from Oxford. The brother of a former Seagull lives in the village as well and one of car park attendants at the weekly Thame cattle market is also a Seagulls fan. We get all over the place! The Mrs and I are Amex season ticket holders. Would be interested to know how other "locals" get to the Amex. Been trying to persuade Seagulls Travel to run a coach from the Reading area.

i usually drive down and park at a mate's who lives in woodingdean. there is another guy who lives round here who drives down - but i haven't managed to hook up so far. trouble is i often stay for a bit (see my mum etc) rather than coming straight home after the game. the forest game inspired a particularly enjoyable night on the town

the pug

Nov 3, 2009
Oxford
I've bounced this as just moved to Carterton and looking for any other Albion fans in the area who meet/want to meet for beers. Got ST and always up for car sharing etc. cheers

richmond

May 30, 2008
E Horsham boy here, I used to travel down to the Goldstone on the Blue and White coach in the sixties and early seventies.

I've lived in Oxfordshire since 1982, I live in Culham, just a mile out of Abingdon. I usually go down to watch the Albion at the Crown and Thistle Hotel in Abingdon...including THAT defeat at Liverpool!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here