Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oxford

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Spending the weekend there with the gf. Any ideas of things to do / places to stay etc? Thanks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
tommy boy said:
my flatmate is from oxford, when she gets back from her lecture i can ask her everything

Everything?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
BarrelofFun said:
I was there for 4 years, whilst studying at Brookes.

I will compile a list of places to day and things to do, when the workload quietens down.

Sorry BOF, but this is more important than work. Can you get on it right away please.

Thanks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
You can go and annoy Ben.

Had forgotten he lived there. May pay him a visit. She'll love that :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Blenheim Palace
Bodleian Library
Ashmolean Museum

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
I think he is in Manchester this Saturday, well I sent him a ticket for England v Andorra last night.

Maybe Chris and myself could stop off in Oxford on the way back from Manchester with him and then go for a few :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Bound to end in tears....

Hmm. Did I say Oxford? Er I meant Cambridge. Definitely wont be anywhere near Oxford this weekend.
;)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
AlexFrutos said:
Not really near Oxford mate.
It's about 10 miles away. Not exactly Lands End to John O'Groats to see THIS, Churchill's birthplace, if that floats yer boat.
Blenheim_Palace1.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
Eaton will hunt you down....

He doesn't know I've changed my number!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Spent a year at university in Oxford, during which time I became intimately acquainted with pretty much every pub in the city centre (which is the main reason I only lasted a year... :down: ). Was particulalry fond of the Bear and the Turf Tavern. My nearest local, the White Horse next to Blackwells, did a very fine "pickled egg in a bag of crisps" as I recall. The Kings Arms was OK, but a bit full of tourists and old public school types.

However, this was 25 years ago...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Man of Harveys said:
It's about 10 miles away. Not exactly Lands End to John O'Groats to see THIS, Churchill's birthplace, if that floats yer boat.

I know where it is, lol, I lived just outside Oxford for much of the first 16 years of my life.

I thought it was was further than 10 miles away though, but perhaps that's my mind playing tricks on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here