Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owls alive - day trip to Brighton

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Excellent report, almost as good as HTFC World, and I bet all of us who do away games will have stories like that. I'm lazy these days and go by coach, but I used to drive. My "favourite" memory is driving round and round the South Circular Road in South London, trying to get to my uncle's house in Beckenham, where my folks were staying the night. Of all the mad things to do, I'd driven myself up to Bury, the first away game I'd ever driven myself to. I eventually got there at 2 am, having got lost in Tulse Hill, with my folks going apoplectic.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Know exactly who he means when he mentions the Ginger Irish looking steward. He always makes me chuckle when I see him - start singing Simply Red songs in my head, and that's a very bad thing.

Beastie

Aug 23, 2010
Funny how every team has their worst game of the season against us :shrug:

I wish it was just against you mate, unfortunately we've had a few games like this over recent years and they seem to have gotten more frequent this season, 2 or three in the last month that rank right up there with this performance.

I'm never one for taking anything away from the opposition when they have a good game, I hate that...it smacks of being a poor loser and credit should always go where it's due. As I said at the start of the match part, you were miles better than us but that doesn't mean we weren't poor...we were very poor indeed.

Mindst ya, it doesn't really matter what I think or how we played TBH, you won, you did it easily and you're now gonna get to celebrate being the best in this division...cracking manager, new ground, new division and a club on the up....the future looks very good indeed for you...enjoy it and wring every last drop out of it, it may not stop at the Championship after next season.

No reason at all why you can't emulate Leeds and Naaarch IMO.

Beastie

Aug 23, 2010
Excellent report, almost as good as HTFC World, and I bet all of us who do away games will have stories like that. I'm lazy these days and go by coach, but I used to drive. My "favourite" memory is driving round and round the South Circular Road in South London, trying to get to my uncle's house in Beckenham, where my folks were staying the night. Of all the mad things to do, I'd driven myself up to Bury, the first away game I'd ever driven myself to. I eventually got there at 2 am, having got lost in Tulse Hill, with my folks going apoplectic.

:smile::smile::smile:

Everyone knows what I'm like for getting lost, it's a standing joke over on our forum...I once ended up at Bolton on my way to Wolverhampton! (I kid you not) Now that's lost....and I'm sick and tired of getting lost in Southampton at the exact same spot 2 years running...

Oh aye, everyone else thinks it very funny...drive me chuffin nuts though :facepalm: :nono: :facepalm:

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wish it was just against you mate, unfortunately we've had a few games like this over recent years and they seem to have gotten more frequent this season, 2 or three in the last month that rank right up there with this performance.

I'm never one for taking anything away from the opposition when they have a good game, I hate that...it smacks of being a poor loser and credit should always go where it's due. As I said at the start of the match part, you were miles better than us but that doesn't mean we weren't poor...we were very poor indeed.

Mindst ya, it doesn't really matter what I think or how we played TBH, you won, you did it easily and you're now gonna get to celebrate being the best in this division...cracking manager, new ground, new division and a club on the up....the future looks very good indeed for you...enjoy it and wring every last drop out of it, it may not stop at the Championship after next season.

No reason at all why you can't emulate Leeds and Naaarch IMO.

you sir , are a gentleman , hope your lot do better next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here