Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owl In Peace

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was a clear penatly, Calde was stupid with the tackle, and Bridcutt could easily have gone too, the ref was not biased.

The ref was attrocious, linesman was rarely up with play. I still think Calde was unlucky to receive a red. However Bridcutt should have gone and it was a worse tackle - so I guess it evens itself up. El Abd was wrestled to the ground in front of the ref lots of occasions from dead ball and received nothing.

Southampton
Huddersfield
Brighton (P)
Sheff Wed
Brentford
Charlton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we sign 2 more players (maybe even 1 plus Nav back and LuaLua back) I think we'll go up. Providing Noone IS infact good. Weds and Saints too.

Owlinpeace

Dec 30, 2010
Just like to point something out to this nobber below :)

"Because we do not have to live our lives in the shadow of the really big Yorkshire football club, you know, the one that plays in white? Come to think of it what makes us even more superior is that we don't come from Yorkshire.... God I feel blessed!"

Take a look at this link it proves we are the biggest in Yorkshire, in fact we are one of if not the biggest outside the premiership.

List of football clubs in England by major honours won - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The referee didn't have a bad game in my view. Made the odd mistake but nothing worth saying that he was on Charlton's side or anything.

P.S. Don't be so patronising

Sorry but were you at the game? I thought the ref was atrocious. One of the worst that we have had at the withdean!! Kept on blowing his whistle, giving unecessary yellow cards & freekicks when there was hardly a foul in the whole game. Definitely a Palarse fan.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

"Because we do not have to live our lives in the shadow of the really big Yorkshire football club, you know, the one that plays in white? Come to think of it what makes us even more superior is that we don't come from Yorkshire.... God I feel blessed!"

Take a look at this link it proves we are the biggest in Yorkshire, in fact we are one of if not the biggest outside the premiership.

List of football clubs in England by major honours won - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talk about clinging onto history. One major trophy in the last 70 odd years.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Sorry but were you at the game? I thought the ref was atrocious. One of the worst that we have had at the withdean!! Kept on blowing his whistle, giving unecessary yellow cards & freekicks when there was hardly a foul in the whole game. Definitely a Palarse fan.

He was bad & petty throughout - BUT perhaps he was playing catch up with himself - having watched the highlights how Painter didn't get a red card for the penalty is astonishing - if thats not denying a goal scoring opportunity I dunno what is, so perhaps he even'd things up a bit. A small very small part of me feels sorry for charlton fans, from Block U i couldn't see much of Murray's goal so they probably missed most of the match, which probably explains why they were so quiet and the 5 second delay before they cheered for the penalty!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
..... having watched the highlights, how Painter didn't get a red card for the penalty is astonishing - if that's not denying a goal scoring opportunity I dunno what is...

Well perhaps the fact they put the ball into the net (just after the whistle) may have swayed him. You are right though.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I thing te next 10-15 games will be the most important, maintain or increase our lead at the top and i reckon we'll go up as champs, hopefully come the last 10 games half our opp will have one eye on their holidays. The last month is tricky alright but atleast we're at home and hopefully momentum will get us through it.

I dont thing we'll win the league but I dont see any of the others winning it either so maybe we will!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Have a good friend who is a Wednesdayite and he says that, for a football stronghold, S Yorkshire has provided only 1 England player - Davies of Bolton - in a generation. He is a very gloomy Owl.

As an Albion anorak, bollox to Wikipedia we beat Villa in 1910 Charity Shield which is on a par with Oxford beating QPR in the FLC.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We deserve to be where we are , if other clubs fans reckon we wont last the course on the basis they think their own club is bigger then thats their opinion .

We as Brighton fans should stop putting ourselves down and start believing in the team a little more, we wanted a Quality defender ,Bloom provided, we wanted a quality winger Bloom has provided, we need a quality striker and i think Bloom will yet again provide .

If this club has ever been in a better situation in all aspects in its history then i must have missed it.

1st Brighton & Hove Albion

the rest ? no offence i couldnt give a toss

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If we can get "that" forward, and remember to defend set pieces (thinking Huddersfield specifically), then I think we can do it, not sure if we will be champions though. The team I am surprised no-one has mentioned is Exeter. They are unbeaten at home (I think), hammered Wednesday and have a cracking young manager in Paul Tisdale, who I would jump at taking if Gus were to leave. Sure we could have walloped them if we had put away our chances, but I think Tisdale has changed his system since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here