Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owl In Peace

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
The funny thing is, we have undoutebly been the most consistent team so far, the "table doesn't lie" as they say, we've only lost 3 games ALL season, all of which have been away. Wednesday have lost 8 (3 of which have been at home). In addition, I personally think that we have the best defence in the league, I wouldn't replace any of our first team defensive players with anyone else. We just need more options on the wing, and a consistent goalscorer and it'll be hard to look past us for one of the automatic spots. We might not have spent the most money but we look the most solid, and it makes me laugh when talking to Saints and Huddersfield fans who are urging their Chairman to dip into the transfer market again when they've already spent a fortune in the Summer. If we go up, it will show that throwing money at something doesn't always work, and get you the title like Chelski. It has to be said, Gus has picked up an absolute couple of GEMS in the transfer market, who were off-the-radar and relatively cheap.

But I just can't look past the funds that Huddersfield and Southampton have got, but maybe with Poyet and Bloom we might just do it, we've given ourselves one hell of a chance that's for sure.

Spot on!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You have to be kidding?!

He was pretty awful, along with the linesman and the third official, but they were awfully bad for both teams. He could (should) have sent off Bridcutt and Painter (penalty) for us, and he seemed to give us so many free kicks in the second half when the crowd got on his back.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
He was pretty awful, along with the linesman and the third official, but they were awfully bad for both teams. He could (should) have sent off Bridcutt and Painter (penalty) for us, and he seemed to give us so many free kicks in the second half when the crowd got on his back.

True....the biased bit is inaccurate in the previous guy's post but he was truly woeful, as were his officials.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
South Coast Club
Charlton
Brighton
Wednesday
Bournemouth

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Huddersfield
South Coast Club
Charlton
Brighton
Wednesday
Bournemouth

I do hope some of our fans feel suitably ashamed when we're crowned champions. Positive support for our team FFS. The owl fan must be wondering why we're so negative! Don't Gus and the team deserve positive support?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I do hope some of our fans feel suitably ashamed when we're crowned champions. Positive support for our team FFS. The owl fan must be wondering why we're so negative! Don't Gus and the team deserve positive support?

Yup, and they get it from me,
I think the spending power of Hudds & SCC will get them promoted

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stains
Albion
Hudders
Wed
Charlton (P)
county

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1 Southampton
2 Brighton
3 Sheff.Wed
4 Charlton
5 Peterborough
6 Oldham

I'm glad someone else has noticed Oldham sitting there quietly waiting to play their games in hand. They're still unbeaten at home (like us) and I think they'll make the playoffs. I can't see the SCC winning the league as they've been inconsistent.

1 Brighton
2 Sheff.Wed
3 Southampton
4 Oldham
5 Charlton
6 Peterborough

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
About the only decision that went for us all game was a Foul throw in the second half.

It was a clear penatly, Calde was stupid with the tackle, and Bridcutt could easily have gone too, the ref was not biased.

We did superbly well with ten men though.

It's all about us, Charlton and Southampton. I don't rate anyone else in this division. You've lost eight games already. Too many.

How can you rate Charlton.

At the Valley we paste them 4-0 and at home, despite us electing to give them a chance by way of a 2st minute goal and playing the whole game with 10 men, they still cant win!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stains
Albion
Wednesday
Brentford (I thought they'd do well even when they were in the bottom 4 after 10 games)
Huddersfield
Colchester

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
managing expectations plays a role, not being arrogant and over confident helps too but i still think the negative energy on board is unfounded! ...

how can anyone think we arent going to get promoted ?

we played brilliant football until the beginning of November , took a breather for two months messing around in the FA Cup at the same time , and now we have clearly refound our form against Charlton , add to that we have now strengthened our squad and we will be taking at least four points from the next two games for sure

on the 15th January i will be at Withdean for the first time since Dec 2008
to see green grass, peterborough and us stretch our lead,

top six?

BHA
Oldham
----------
Hartlepool
Owls
a second South Coast Club
a third South Coast Club
----------
with Wednesday beating a south coast club west of us in the play off final

smelly

May 23, 2004
Long hard seasons see flutuations in form. We've been OK followed by awesome followed by indifferent. I like to think that we have had our bad spell and the recent inactivity due to the weather has suited us and allowed Gus to rally the troops. Two quality signings Noone being 1, "special" striker 2 and we can push on again.

Take a look at the league, almost halfway and we are 4 points clear with a winnable run of fixtures coming up. This is an opportunity not many of us envisaged at the start of the season and it looks like Gus and TB are going to grasp it.

Our role is now to get behind the team, f*** the boo boys off and enjoy decent football and success after years of dross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here