Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
1 Southampton
2 Brighton
3 Sheff.Wed
4 Charlton
5 Peterborough
6 Oldham

Good luck for the rest of the season, Owl in peace, apart from Saturday 9th April 2011. Can see United making the Premier League soon with Micky Adams. Have you sorted out your burst drains yet? :lolol:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Albion ( if we sign the special striker )
Southampton
Sheffield Wed
Albion ( if we don't sign a striker )
Charlton
Huddersfield
Brentford

Owlinpeace

Dec 30, 2010
1 Southampton
2 Brighton
3 Sheff.Wed
4 Charlton
5 Peterborough
6 Oldham

Good luck for the rest of the season, Owl in peace, apart from Saturday 9th April 2011. Can see United making the Premier League soon with Micky Adams. Have you sorted out your burst drains yet? :lolol:

No chance mate! They may have a decent manager but no manager could inspire their shitty players. I hope we swap leagues next season and see there 10k gates come back :) The biggest club in Sheffield is on the up, rolling back the 90's! (Well almost)

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
depends on who we get in the transfer window, I just dont personally think we can last the pace as currently I think we're too stretched. As soon as we pick up a few injuries or suspensions then we're abit f***ed currently.
just like last night ?????
we played a top contender and the ref but still got a point.two months, Two f***ing months since we have played our best and still we are 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand on half the following pack.Gus is getting more than enough out of the current squad,should he be able to get better service for the current forwards or a natural 25 goal a season poacher we will walk the division.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just like last night ?????
we played a top contender and the ref but still got a point.two months, Two f***ing months since we have played our best and still we are 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand on half the following pack.Gus is getting more than enough out of the current squad,should he be able to get better service for the current forwards or a natural 25 goal a season poacher we will walk the division.

considering that I would've been DELIGHTED with a Play-Off place at the start of the season, you can therefore understand why I think the wheels will fall off the Gus Bus soon :lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm puzzled by everyone tipping Huddersfield to go up. They're a bit crap away from home, half of them
crowd are on the manager's back and they look like a fairly one-dimensional team.

I don't know if we'll make automatic promotion but I'd see Southampton and Sheff Weds as the teams to try and beat.

Southampton
Brighton
Sheff Weds
Charlton
Peterborough
Huddersfield

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Sorry,were you not at the game?
o/k most of NSC NEVER puts it's hand in it's pocket and buys a ticket.
The ref was clueless and gave the appearance he had to get on a train back up to south london with his friends.
Surely you must have noticed(from the radio commentary)a few weird decisions such as the time,in the second half,when the cockerneys f***ed up a free kick and the ball broke for us that he stopped play because the"ball was rolling"when Charlton took the kick.How could he penalise us for a Charlton f*** up?
About the only decision that went for us all game was a Foul throw in the second half.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sorry,were you not at the game?
o/k most of NSC NEVER puts it's hand in it's pocket and buys a ticket.
The ref was clueless and gave the appearance he had to get on a train back up to south london with his friends.
Surely you must have noticed(from the radio commentary)a few weird decisions such as the time,in the second half,when the cockerneys f***ed up a free kick and the ball broke for us that he stopped play because the"ball was rolling"when Charlton took the kick.How could he penalise us for a Charlton f*** up?
About the only decision that went for us all game was a Foul throw in the second half.

The referee didn't have a bad game in my view. Made the odd mistake but nothing worth saying that he was on Charlton's side or anything.

P.S. Don't be so patronising

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fair play to you coming onto our fans forum & good luck with your new manager! He was a legend for us first time around but cack second time around. Whether MA can drag your team up the league I have my doubts but I expect his remit is to just to keep you up.

As for league 1, we have now gone 5 consecutive league games without a win yet still find ourselves 4 points clear! With Orient at home on Saturday the odds must be in our favor though Russell Slade being our ex manager & two of their starting line up ex BHA players will surely be looking to put one over us.

I think that the top 6 will be BHA, Southampton, Charlton, Sheff W, Huddersfield & Brentford as my wild card.
Too early in the season to make a stab as to the automatic places.
Saints have the money & we are certainly a club on the up - but a long way to go.

:lolol: :lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
:laugh: me too, I just can't see us coping with the spending power of Southampton, Huddersfield, and now Wednesday.
The spending power hasn't turned hudders or saints into superior teams has it:lolol:

Our squad is very good just need a few new players to strenghen things up,no way will huddersfield win the league with 9 losses already:laugh:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It's all about us, Charlton and Southampton. I don't rate anyone else in this division. You've lost eight games already. Too many.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm amazed that so many Albion fans think Southampton are our biggest threat!

If you look at the full league table it shows that the Stains have played 12 home games and only 8 away games. They have a fairly decent home record but don't travel that well so I'd say their position is slightly false. They're still 6 points behind us even though we haven't won for 2 months (and hopefully that run will come to an abrupt end on Saturday!) and they're going to have a lot of long away trips in the 2nd half of the season whereas we've had most of the tough away days.

Just my observation mind, but if you all think they're gonna finish higher than us then fine.

Charlton didn't look that special and Huddersfield are too inconsistent. I can see Wednesday getting promoted with us. Also Hartlepool I fancy as a dark horse to creep up there for a playoff place.

1 Us
2 Wedsnesday
3 Huddersfied
4 Hartlepool
5 Saints
6 Charlton

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The funny thing is, we have undoutebly been the most consistent team so far, the "table doesn't lie" as they say, we've only lost 3 games ALL season, all of which have been away. Wednesday have lost 8 (3 of which have been at home). In addition, I personally think that we have the best defence in the league, I wouldn't replace any of our first team defensive players with anyone else. We just need more options on the wing, and a consistent goalscorer and it'll be hard to look past us for one of the automatic spots. We might not have spent the most money but we look the most solid, and it makes me laugh when talking to Saints and Huddersfield fans who are urging their Chairman to dip into the transfer market again when they've already spent a fortune in the Summer. If we go up, it will show that throwing money at something doesn't always work, and get you the title like Chelski. It has to be said, Gus has picked up an absolute couple of GEMS in the transfer market, who were off-the-radar and relatively cheap.

But I just can't look past the funds that Huddersfield and Southampton have got, but maybe with Poyet and Bloom we might just do it, we've given ourselves one hell of a chance that's for sure.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's all about us, Charlton and Southampton. I don't rate anyone else in this division. You've lost eight games already. Too many.

I really don't rate Charlton (also, they are skint and will not improve their squad in January (unless the take-over goes through?)), and inconsistancy seems to the Southampton's middle name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here