Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Owen Patterson M.P.

Jul 20, 2003
I don't get it, she has done nothing wrong, who is sending these threats, hardline Tory supporters?
The Government tried to push her out of her job didn't they, or have I got this wrong.
Confused of Plymouth.

Taking the lead from a PM who offered to get a troublesome journalist beaten up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
140k PA and more expenses to run an office. But, absolutely no other paid or unpaid work. No consultancies, no directorships etc etc
And the state to own their London homes.

The fact that the tax payer contributes to their mortgages and they walk away with the profits is appalling.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
140k PA and more expenses to run an office. But, absolutely no other paid or unpaid work. No consultancies, no directorships etc etc

So you would promote them from the top 5% of earners in our country, to the top 1%?
Do you really think this is a good idea?

An MP doesn’t have to be a expert in anything, he has advisers who are. They are really only figure heads in their departments, and I am talking here about Ministers and Secretary of State.
Take Savid Javid he’s a banker by trade, but, at the moment, he is Health Secretary. He probably knows as little about running the NHS as he would about running the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, but he could be running that next. Our system puts MPs in charge of Departments they have only a very rudimentary knowledge in at best.
Liz Truss, Foreign Secretary, really?

And Ministers are supposedly the cream of our Members of Parliament, just think what a bog standard back bencher is actually qualified in . Not a lot, in reality.

If you want Parliament totally inhabited by party hacks with a degree in Politics, and absolutely no experience in how ordinary people live, crack on and make it one of the best paid jobs in the Country, because our FPTP, only 2 parties could ever get in power, as we have now, giving them a shed load of money is a good way to ensure it carries on . Neither of the two larger parties will change how they recruit, and promote MPs, because if you had better people as MPs they wouldn’t just follow the party line, and do as they are told.

If you owned a very large company, would you put people in charge of the various departments who have absolutely no experience or very little knowledge of that department because they agree with you about other subjects,and expect them to be able to run it efficiently within about 2 days of taking up the job? No, if you did do that you would need people who actually knew something about it advising them. And if you did that, wouldn’t you wonder why you were paying big bucks to the fella at the top of each department even if they are your mates.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Owen Patterson is horrid c***. This should be enough for 99.9% of the electorate. A really nasty ****. Got what he deserves.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So you would promote them from the top 5% of earners in our country, to the top 1%?
Do you really think this is a good idea?

An MP doesn’t have to be a expert in anything, he has advisers who are. They are really only figure heads in their departments, and I am talking here about Ministers and Secretary of State.
Take Savid Javid he’s a banker by trade, but, at the moment, he is Health Secretary. He probably knows as little about running the NHS as he would about running the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, but he could be running that next. Our system puts MPs in charge of Departments they have only a very rudimentary knowledge in at best.
Liz Truss, Foreign Secretary, really?

And Ministers are supposedly the cream of our Members of Parliament, just think what a bog standard back bencher is actually qualified in . Not a lot, in reality.

If you want Parliament totally inhabited by party hacks with a degree in Politics, and absolutely no experience in how ordinary people live, crack on and make it one of the best paid jobs in the Country, because our FPTP, only 2 parties could ever get in power, as we have now, giving them a shed load of money is a good way to ensure it carries on . Neither of the two larger parties will change how they recruit, and promote MPs, because if you had better people as MPs they wouldn’t just follow the party line, and do as they are told.

If you owned a very large company, would you put people in charge of the various departments who have absolutely no experience or very little knowledge of that department because they agree with you about other subjects,and expect them to be able to run it efficiently within about 2 days of taking up the job? No, if you did do that you would need people who actually knew something about it advising them. And if you did that, wouldn’t you wonder why you were paying big bucks to the fella at the top of each department even if they are your mates.
Very good points, on top of what you have said it's going to be harder to get rid of Ministers when they **** up simply because they will have more to lose financially, the current lot are already shameless when hanging on despite their ignorance and failures ( Raab- Afghanistan) Patel ( proven bullying) Patterson ( financial corruption) Johnson ( Arcuri, redecoration, freebie holidays U turns etc ad infinitum) Jenrick ( saving Richard Desmond a few Million) . ..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Owen Patterson is horrid c***. This should be enough for 99.9% of the electorate. A really nasty ****. Got what he deserves.

The look on his face during the debate, total arrogance throughout and said that he would do the same again.
Not wearing a mask during the debate was also a message I think, a message that said I can and will do anything that I want to.
Meanwhile George 'useless' Eustice made no apology this morning, totally diverted any questions regarding corruption, did not react to the death threats being sent to the commissioner and made hints that it is the opposistions fault for not supporting an ammendment to include an appeal process.
It is also a possibility according to today's papers that his wife took her life because of pending corruption.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On this occasion, and as is usually the case, I won't be reading the very late entry onto this thread from the king of the tory propagandists who has finally deigned to grace us with his wormy presence :facepalm:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here