Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OWEN back this month

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Icy Gull said:
Probably the same people calling for Beckham to be recalled and have forgotten how shit he was in THREE tournaments.

As opposed to those who forget the fact that he scored one and set up all except one of our goals in the world cup:glare:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Wozza said:
How many is he going to play before he's injured again!?

Like I say, better than other options for England, but not the messiah - and clearly not the player he was in 1998.

Well that's the thing isn't it.

Hopefully, as there is no need for him to be rushed back this time, for club or country, he is less likely to break down.

If he does then I guess his career is over, which would be a shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
As opposed to those who forget the fact that he scored one and set up all except one of our goals in the world cup:glare:

You make it sound like he had a good World Cup, He was one paced, one footed, out of form and playing for one of the poorer teams in the competition. We do not need him back

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Icy Gull said:
You make it sound like he had a good World Cup, He was one paced, one footed, out of form and playing for one of the poorer teams in the competition.

.....and was one of our best attacking players....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
.....and was one of our best attacking players....

Blame Sven for that, no wonder we were so useless :)

MOWTCHOPS

Banned
Feb 17, 2007
Wozza said:
Anyone who is getting excited about the return of Owen is CLEARLY forgetting how shit England were during the World Cup (while he was still playing).

we looked pretty good till he went off against Sweden

???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
So what can I blame McGhee for?

He never got us to quarter finals.

Not much that you didn't blame him for last season is there?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
The man that had a hand in 5 of the 6 goals that England scored in the 2006 World Cup?

A lot of bitterness about...

A lot of over rated English players about too, commenting on it is bitter?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wozza said:
Like I say, better than other options for England, but not the messiah - and clearly not the player he was in 1998.
How is he not the player he was in 1998? Before these injuries at least. He is clearly not a one trick pony with only pace, that is Maheta Molango. He has a 1 in 2 record at club level and near enough that for England.

He's not the messiah - but he is far and away our best striker (if he come back well from his injury anyway).

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Might also be worth asking whether his heart is really still in it. He's been preparing for his second career in racing for years, and seems intent on being the next Mick Channon (though hopefully without the connections to coke-peddlars).

He was in Dubai on Saturday night for the World Cup meeting - looked as though he'd been out there for a while in fact, such was the depth of his golden tan. I think he might find it hard to readjust to life at a struggling club in the north-east with bugger all to play for and little prospect of winning anything any time soon.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
mtoto said:
Might also be worth asking whether his heart is really still in it. He's been preparing for his second career in racing for years, and seems intent on being the next Mick Channon (though hopefully without the connections to coke-peddlars).

He was in Dubai on Saturday night for the World Cup meeting - looked as though he'd been out there for a while in fact, such was the depth of his golden tan. I think he might find it hard to readjust to life at a struggling club in the north-east with bugger all to play for and little prospect of winning anything any time soon.

Don't know about the coke connection but Mick Channon is crippled by arthritis

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Don't know about the coke connection but Mick Channon is crippled by arthritis

He gave evidence as a character witness on behalf of Brian Wright, who was convicted of a huge smuggling operation yesterday.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So we are now so bad we are relying on a one trick pony whose best years are behind him.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here