Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over run in midfield

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually think, and maybe I'm the only one, don't know, that we really failed yesterday in allowing players to turn and shoot in our penalty area, giving players two yards in the penalty box is criminal... they turned and shot in the box at least three times, that just should not be allowed, and is more worrying to me than being over run in midfield. By the way take Vicente out of the equation when we talk midfield because he's not a box to box player and looked totally knackered by the final few minutes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Over the 90 minutes I don't think we were overrun. They definitely had the better of the second half but we could (and maybe should) have gone in at half time a couple up (one of Mattock, El Abd near post and the Buckley howler). We do give away space which I think comes with playing Nav's and Bridcutt playing together and their natural tendency to play deep and the way we set up but I don't think Boro used their "man advantage" as well as they could. In the second half it was a bit of a different story but overall I thought there we gave as good as we got.

Forest did overrun us as I recall

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Over the 90 minutes I don't think we were overrun. They definitely had the better of the second half but we could (and maybe should) have gone in at half time a couple up (one of Mattock, El Abd near post and the Buckley howler). We do give away space which I think comes with playing Nav's and Bridcutt playing together and their natural tendency to play deep and the way we set up but I don't think Boro used their "man advantage" as well as they could. In the second half it was a bit of a different story but overall I thought there we gave as good as we got.

Forest did overrun us as I recall

Dont forget Navarro skying over when well placed.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Certainly no need to jump to any conclusions based on Saturday.

Boro were excellent in midfield but we certainly arent poor. We are in the PLAYOFFS, something has to be right!

People are praising Robson which is fair, but I was even MORE impressed with Nicky Baily. He was BRILLIANT. Just kept it all ticking over nicely.

I think he misplaced one 50 yard ball and THAT was it.

It was a slightly off day...and we got a point against a good team that cost A LOT OF WONGA to put together. We were over run, yes. But i think were allowed that once a season at home.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
You'd think we lost 5-0 by the way some of the people are talking about the game! We're one of about 4 or 5 clubs in the whole division with no recent Premiership history, yet we're fighting hard for the play-offs. That's good work in my books.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We competed against a top side and we were as good as them ...cracking game ..when you think back to the opening game of the season (we were actually quite poor despite the result) ..we have come such a long way..and we have a far stronger squad now albeit partly made up of loan deals ..it would be great if we can keep up this level of excitement to the end..i'm already starting to think about those summer months with no Brighton matches and they aren't happy thoughts

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Everyone's mentioning robson but I felt their number ten bailey was their best player despite picking up a early yellow card. Middlesborough were a good side one of the better ones to visit the Amex so a decent point won. Felt bridcutt and Navarro both had good games albeit bridcutt seemed a little off pace second half.

We were overrun at times but that's what happens when you play against good teams with players experienced in the top flight.
Yes there number 10 ran the game he was the best player on the pitch by miles.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yes there number 10 ran the game he was the best player on the pitch by miles.

Although I think Navs has played well since Christmas, I think Bailey alongside Bridcutt would be a great pairing.

I'm not sure we were that overrun anyway. It looked ragged toward the end as Barnes had come off and CMS didn't track back or defned as much.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
..i'm already starting to think about those summer months with no Brighton matches and they aren't happy thoughts

I know it's no substitute but if there was a summer you'd want to replace the Albion then 2012 is it! Relentless top level sport which promises British success all the way:
Murray at Wimbledon and the French Open
English golfers HAVE to win a major sooner or later
The Tour de France guaranteed to be the best ever for Britain with the fastest man on earth and a possible Tour winner in Wiggs
The Olympics, GB with the possibility of being the 3rd or 4th most powerful nation on Earth, extraordinary and Unthinkable pre lottery money.
Euro champs- it'll be great for comedy value watching England attempt to play football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here