Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outcast Leon Breaks His Silence

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'd take him back in a second. If managed properly he would be one player with the talent and motivation to SUCCEED and not just TRY HARD.
That's a very open-ended statement, Maximilian. Succeed at what?

Goalscorer? Talented individual? He can already do that.

Spiteful manipulator? Team-spirit wrecker? Ditto

Team player? Considerate, intelligent player that his club and team can rely on? Not got anywhere near proving that yet with anyone.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
That's a very open-ended statement, Maximilian. Succeed at what?

Goalscorer? Talented individual? He can already do that.

Spiteful manipulator? Team-spirit wrecker? Ditto

Team player? Considerate, intelligent player that his club and team can rely on? Not got anywhere near proving that yet with anyone.

Open ended statements are my forte (how do you do one of them hat things above an e?).

I can't see that he had any problems when he put 25 goals in a few years back in this league. I just wonder where it's all come from.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rookie said:
damm right, still think all the people saying he didn't try hard are wrong. Did his job but didn't run around like a headless chicken, he scored 15 in 20 (or something similar) for Swansea which is not a bad record really is it
People like whom? His managers, his team-mates? His work colleagues. No-one at Brighton liked him, with the possible exception of those he could manipulate, and even then, 'like' is a highly flexible verb.

You are missing the point by a spectacular distance. As has been said a billion times before, his talent is not being questioned. His attitude and team ethic, on the other hand, are a disgrace.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Man of Harveys said:
As long as he could be arsed, of course. And that would be for about five fuxking minutes. Unless you were being sarcastic...

Nah, I'd rather watch Revell or Jake run their lungs out every game and continue to read these increasingly-hysterical and ever-entertaining interviews emenating from South Wales with the little turd. They're magnificent.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
The Large One said:
Are you sure this isn't one of Easy 10's articles?

:ohmy: Have Easy 10 & Leon Knight ever been seen in the same room? we need to know!

:dunce:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Leon is a complete wanker i hope he never plays a game of professional football again!

I'm glad to see he is suffering and i laugh at the £125k we got for him, Kenny Jackett must be feeling like a right tit

Yorkie said:
Who is the miracle worker manager who could do that?

The only two managers from my memory who seemed to cope with him, where Steve Coppell here with us and Peter Jackson when he was on loan at Huddersfield.
Perhaps we should contact them and find out their magic?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Southover Street Seagull said:
The only two managers from my memory who seemed to cope with him, where Steve Coppell here with us and Peter Jackson when he was on loan at Huddersfield.
Perhaps we should contact them and find out their magic?

It was Lou Macari when he was at Huddersfield and he stated 'Leon plays when Leon wants to play'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

I can't see that he had any problems when he put 25 goals in a few years back in this league. I just wonder where it's all come from.

That's not actually true though is it? He had a well documented attitude problem even as a youth teamer at Chelsea.

I know McGhee made mistakes at the Albion and I wasn't one of his biggest fans at the end of his tenure.Perhaps he played Leon out position some of the time but how the hell was McGhee in the wrong? What did he do wrong?

"People say, 'Oh, he fell out with Mark McGhee at Brighton, as well,' but that was a different situation. At Brighton I was in the wrong and McGhee was in the wrong as well.

Yorkie said:
It was Lou Macari when he was at Huddersfield and he stated 'Leon plays when Leon wants to play'

I stand corrected. Peter Jackson has been at Huddersfield twice now, I thought he managed Leon the first time.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
That's not actually true though is it? He had a well documented attitude problem even as a youth teamer at Chelsea.

Well what I said was that season he played well and we hardly heard a peep about discontent. It must be more than just the fact he was scoring?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually feel quite sorry for him.

Never before has such a God given talent been so wasted on a mixed up induvidual.

On his day, Leon was one of the best footballers I have ever seen, its a shame he didnt have the brains to match his talent.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He said he would be prepared to swim to England and back.

f*** me thats mean. the toll is only a few quid.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Knight really f*cking messes with my swede! there he is, one of the most natural talents I have ever seen, who seems prepared to throw it all away for his stupid f*cking ego!, at what point is he going to look at himself and say..."mate, I have been going backwards in my career ever since I joined Chelski" surely to God ANYONE in his position would have to just f*cking admit that their attitude is going to spanner their whole life...I mean he is even now still bleating to the journos about how shoddy the Swans are treating him, does he think that is going to get him out of his current sitch?

What a mong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here