Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out of date food and drink

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hoisted me three foot clear of the seat and I had to sponge down me thighs with hessian sacking.
:thumbsup:

Trapped in a box by a cockney nutjob
‘Ave a cuppa tea, ‘ave a cuppa tea
I’m the Hitcher – let me put you in the picture
Creepin’ in your room in the dead of night
Wiv me solo polo vision.
:lolol:

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Pound yer banana !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had some dodgy brie a while back.
My back passage sounded like a tyre going over cats eyes, it was spluttering like the starter on an outboard motor for a good half-hour. And man alive, the smell. the SMELL.

The toilet water didn't fully clear for days.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Most companies don't set the sell by dates a food lab will indicate an expected life and the food company will be very cautious on the life they give the product ... basically if it's looks and smells Ok it's PROBABLY Ok, except egg based products, leave them for whoever nicks food out of your fridge, that'll teach 'em!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Something can have quite a long sell by date BUT ONCE YOU'VE OPENED IT, it usually says eat within two days (or so).

If your pineapple was in one of those plastic containers from the fruit section I reckon it was the pineapple that got you. God knows what opening the container does to the food though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cheese keeps for weeks after the sell by date.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
But Fish(not in a tin) is best eaten on the day of purchase.
Anything in a freezer will be eatable for eternity,flavour may be lost with age but frozen food can do no harm,equally anything in a sealed glass jar or undamaged tin can(not perforated or attacked by the contents so the plating inside is sound)is totally safe to eat.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
. God knows what opening the container does to the food though.
Don't know about pineapple, but quite a lot of stuff is sealed in nitrogen to provide a less reactive environment.....opening the container thus removes this protection.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doctor told my mother not to take Immodium as it solidifies the deposit but doesnt affect the virus which caused the runs in the first place. There is obviously a bug going round as I was in that position of being scared to move on Sunday but improved Monday and was OK yesterday.

Yoda

English & European
PS I can tell you from uncomfortable experience that there's a particularly unpleasant stomach bug going round at the moment, so it was probably that you had and not the pineapple
<looks for diarrhoea smiley but has to make do with a :sick: >

I can second that, had one for about 2 weeks. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here