Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our victories this season

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This would be more of a concern if we had snuck wins against teams that were struggling without being convincing ourselves, but, in my view, we were convincing winners in all of those games except the Everton one where we fought back late and rode a bit of luck. Add in very convincing performances, but failure to make dominance count against West Ham, Burnley, Palace & Newcastle and our only two losses to teams around us coming after dominating the first half an hour before playing an hour with ten men, then the story looks less like Brighton can only beat soft touches and more like we need to start being more clinical and moving the fine margins in our favour.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just put the second bet of my life on tonight, £50 on 8-1 us to go down. It's an investment (emotional and, failing that, financial).
Terrible bet. The real odds are much greater than 8-1. £50 on us to finish top half of Premier League next season would be a much better bet (if you could find someone to lay it).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Post it here and we’ll play spot the difference?!

I honestly cannot be arsed to go through my post history. Feel free to help yourself. It's there somewhere.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Get your money on us going down now as insurance. Sure as Ali J, Locadia and Andone ain’t PL players, this team simply doesn’t score enough goals and eventually our amazing defence won’t be able to keep the score down to conceding just a single goal or so. Which means that without goals you’ve no chance. Our droughts are becoming so seasonal we ought to sign El Niño on loan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get your money on us going down now as insurance. Sure as Ali J, Locadia and Andone ain’t PL players, this team simply doesn’t score enough goals and eventually our amazing defence won’t be able to keep the score down to conceding just a single goal or so. Which means that without goals you’ve no chance. Our droughts are becoming so seasonal we ought to sign El Niño on loan.
Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Palace and Sheffield Utd must also be going down as they have all scored less than us this season.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Palace and Sheffield Utd must also be going down as they have all scored less than us this season.

Ahh yes but as I said, our drought is predictably seasonal now and we’re coming into that period...:hilton: And besides, they’re not US! :moo::albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only the teams victories were good victories, then we'd all be happy.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The other trend we always seem to buck is the ability of other clubs to get a couple of freak results each season, like Norwich beating City or Southampton beating Leicester this weekend, against a top top side. Every club in PL history seems to have done this except us and before everyone bangs on about Utd at home or Arsenal away those results were of course big but not in the same category because both clubs in relative crisis in their history by comparison. When are we going to have ours e.g. beat one of the top 2 home or away?! Even Palace stunned the civilised world last season by beating City at the Etihad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The league position is largely decided by budget, we are about right in the table. The transition to play football and not just defend will take a season or two we will be fine and probably finish mid table. We do miss BDB though as he very good on the ball and suits the passing game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Terrible bet. The real odds are much greater than 8-1. £50 on us to finish top half of Premier League next season would be a much better bet (if you could find someone to lay it).

Flogging my old car for £3000 was a terrible sale. £4000 would have been much better (if I could have found someone to pay that). :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This really is a is a terrible thread.

Coming from me I don't know if that is a compliment or seriously damning.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Spent a couple of hours driving earlier and my thoughts turned to our season to date, and it dawned on me that we've not really beaten anyone of note this season. By that, I mean...

Watford - basketcase at the time.
Spurs - basketcase at the time.
Everton - basketcase at the time.
Norwich - the sole shit team in the division.
Arsenal - basketcase at the time.
Bournemouth - maybe not in basketcase territory, but injury-plagued and in dreadful form.

...which is worrying.

Trying to look on the bright side, our next two games are against sides that are very much in shocking form and on the fast track to basketcase-ville, as after that, it's looking tricky for a while.

I've had this thought on the back-burner for a while. It's a worry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless the Albion win on Saturday 7-0 the loudest noise around the stadium will be the half time full time boooooooooooos.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's irrelevant though. We have 2 basket case teams coming up if we follow the pattern and win em both we will be on 30 points and barring a last season style collapse pretty much safe !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's irrelevant though. We have 2 basket case teams coming up if we follow the pattern and win em both we will be on 30 points and barring a last season style collapse pretty much safe !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I hope you're right.

I did wonder whether the basket case win theory applies to the othe clubs around us. Opposition form is as important as own form.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Just being in the Premier League makes pretty well every game a worry if you are a worrier :smile:

I think we are split into “win however grim the football is” and “just entertain me” fans. I’m the latter.

So far I’ve avoided worrying but lose convincingly in any or all of the next three games and I’ll be worrying too.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Just think how boring the seasons would be if we were a established top ten team but never won anything, we could be a #team like everton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spent a couple of hours driving earlier and my thoughts turned to our season to date, and it dawned on me that we've not really beaten anyone of note this season. By that, I mean...

Watford - basketcase at the time.
Spurs - basketcase at the time.
Everton - basketcase at the time.
Norwich - the sole shit team in the division.
Arsenal - basketcase at the time.
Bournemouth - maybe not in basketcase territory, but injury-plagued and in dreadful form.

...which is worrying.

Trying to look on the bright side, our next two games are against sides that are very much in shocking form and on the fast track to basketcase-ville, as after that, it's looking tricky for a while.

Of those Everton was fortunate as well IMO.

However, as I have said on the ‘we were lucky last season’ style discussions, luck doesn’t come into it and you get what you deserve.

Burnley at home we should have won
Palace away
Villa away
Andone vs Southampton.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just think how boring the seasons would be if we were a established top ten team but never won anything, we could be a #team like everton.

That suits me just fine. Never having to look over your shoulder. Means we could also take the cuo seriously and knowing Bloom start to look up the table rather than down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here