Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our trialist Paris Cowan-Hall

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
OMFG the goals at 37 seconds is amazing. We should totaly sign him up and give Bennett some competition when it comes to scoring amazing goals.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks good, but on his wiki it says: "On 27th January, Paris re-signed for Grimsby for a second loan spell, this time until the end of the 2009–10 season."

Any idea why he only made 2 appearances? Seems a bit odd.

He came to Grimsby but was "proper poorly" with tonsilitis which then developed into glandular fever so the only impact he made was at the Princess Diana Hospital , he returned to Pompey but came back as a 93 day loan. I believe he was injured during a training session which meant he wasn't in contention to even warm the bench. Crap Town fans didn't seem to rate him as being any good even at L2 level.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He came to Grimsby but was "proper poorly" with tonsilitis which then developed into glandular fever so the only impact he made was at the Princess Diana Hospital , he returned to Pompey but came back as a 93 day loan. I believe he was injured during a training session which meant he wasn't in contention to even warm the bench. Crap Town fans didn't seem to rate him as being any good even at L2 level.

you sure about that? he only played 2 games because of being injured....but from what I can see they loved him

Grimsby Town Forum - Summer sale! Your in's and out's!

Grimsby Town Forum - Paris Cowan-Hall

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He's on trial with us, sign him up for a year, what have we got to lose?

If he rekindles some of the FLAIR in that video, then he is urely worth a punt.

Certainly another option in the arsenal. Better then Holroyd from what it seems....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So now we await the Judgment of Paris?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Looks handy. Still, not the 25 goal a season striker we need so....blah, blah, blah. In all seriousness he does look good in that so worth a punt if he can fit/get into the team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Better then Holroyd from what it seems....

Why? Holroyd scored masses of goals at youth and non-league football. Why is another player who scores goals at several levels below L1 football better than Holroyd? He may well be but I don't think a YouTube compilation of him scoring goals against lesser footballers justifies the claim - we'd need a bit more evidence.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Impressive video, but... I seem to recall a certain Turienzo looking good on video, and look how that turned out...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I suspect that song is quite rude.

Re Glandular Fever (also know as The Kissing Disease!!) - my daughter had this. It takes 6 months to recover and can take a couple of years to get your full mojo back (leaves you prone to colds, you get tired very easily etc). Maybe affected him at his time at Grimsby.

I had Glandular Fever when i was 20 and it took me about 2 years to fully recover, and for 10 or so years my immune system was screwed and I would get Flu and colds constantly... I can see how this would have affected him for a long period of time!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to the match report on the club site, he also gave away the penalty that let whitehawk back into the game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why? Holroyd scored masses of goals at youth and non-league football. Why is another player who scores goals at several levels below L1 football better than Holroyd? He may well be but I don't think a YouTube compilation of him scoring goals against lesser footballers justifies the claim - we'd need a bit more evidence.

Exactly, these youtube videos are generally made by the players agent, showing all the good things the player has done in matches. Half of what we saw was in parks football, so basically youth team level. Holroyd has scored regularly at Conference level which is obviosly a higher standard. I am not saying don't sign this player, but that these videos are misleading. You could make up a similar thing for Holroyd and it would be just as impressive, probably.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i didnt think he was that good and i know he scored a goal

see first half he looked fantastic , but second half for me no one covered themselves in glory

he has serious potential - shame we've run out of pre-seasons to test with some of the more first team players really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here