Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Supporters sounded amazing tonight credit to the club

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry Soulman I think this has gone over your head a little, nothing wrong with banter and everyone singing some decent songs, but I just don't think this one worked.
I can just imagine the Bournemouth fans having a good laugh at our expense :)
We had ' small town near Arsenal' the other night at Spurs.

As for lighten up, I was taking the piss, just a little :facepalm:

Fair enough. It's just that the fans tend to really get behind the team at away games and have a laugh at the same time, often resulting in cheeky and silly banter
I must admit i get peeved with the "Did you hear" and "that's a crap chant" and "those lads near the police box" whinges, by many (and this is not aimed at you) by fans at home games, and many who were not even at the away games.
I do wish that the precious would not just sit and "judge" the support and actually joined in and lift the players.
It is no surprise that our away results are better than our home, could this be because of the support away, or lack of it at home.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It has a large power station rather than a nice sandy beach, I can't imagine loads of OAPs in coaches going to Shoreham for a holiday.
Shoreham isn't really bad it's just nowhere near as nice as Bournemouth :smile:

But they don't play in Bournemouth. They play in Boscombe, which absolutely IS a shithole.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ok thanks for clearing that up, it was the Portsmouth bit I was more interested in.
Cringeworthy springs to mind, I bet the Bournemouth fans were really upset by that :facepalm:

It's part of the joke with that particular song that the town is either: a) not a real place b) not that close c) not bigger than the other place.
We've sung small town in Villa before - I forget where though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It has a large power station rather than a nice sandy beach, I can't imagine loads of OAPs in coaches going to Shoreham for a holiday.
Shoreham isn't really bad it's just nowhere near as nice as Bournemouth :smile:

I like Shoreham, nice pubs, a lovely pint of Timothy Taylor, quite friendly and cosy backstreets.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's part of the joke with that particular song that the town is either: a) not a real place b) not that close c) not bigger than the other place.
We've sung small town in Villa before - I forget where though.

Yes I know how it works, it just sort of doesn't work sometimes.

When we played at Peterbourgh in 2000, 2001?? A small mob of their fans were near the front of the stand to our left, they were keeping an eye on us but trying to keep a low profile, until we sang ( including me :smile:)
Small town near Cambridge, this little mob were up out of their seats going absolutely spare:rant:

This was when the song did work.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"singing a small town in Hove"

We are Brighton and Hove.

But I was using an example as someone said We were singing " small town in Boscombe " which is where Bournemouth play.
They also used to be called Bournemouth & Boscombe FC, so again why is that song going to wind up the Bournemouth fans?

That's the only point I'm making.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well it beats drinking in Sompting :) do you have any pubs left?
I bet you don't go in that big one in the village.

Yep, i admit Shoreham is better than Sompting. I do pop in the big one in the village but usually go to Worthing.
Surely both are better than Newhaven, i thought it shut at 6pm.....:wink:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i was there yesterday and our fans were superb and we need to starting singing like that at the amex and make it the best atmosphere its been for a long time at the amex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, i admit Shoreham is better than Sompting. I do pop in the big one in the village but usually go to Worthing.
Surely both are better than Newhaven, i thought it shut at 6pm.....:wink:

My mum lives in Sompting and believe me I would rather live and drink in Newhaven.:cool:
Hopefully you live North of the A27 as where my mum lives its full of old people, and there's a fairly big council estate round the corner.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My mum lives in Sompting and believe me I would rather live and drink in Newhaven.:cool:
Hopefully you live North of the A27 as where my mum lives its full of old people, and there's a fairly big council estate round the corner.

If you'd read my post i said Shoreham and Worthing surely both are better than Newhaven, and they are.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What is this some sort of cryptic quiz? :)
You mentioned three places, how am I supposed to know which two you meant? :)

Lol. I had already admitted that Shoreham was nicer than Sompting, i also mentioned i drink in Worthing.....i did not think you had to be Hercule Poirot to fathom things out. :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lol. I had already admitted that Shoreham was nicer than Sompting, i also mentioned i drink in Worthing.....i did not think you had to be Hercule Poirot to fathom things out. :)

You haven't met me Soulman, I'm not the sharpest spanner in the toolbox! :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here