Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

our stewards

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Incidentally, "Brighton and Hove Albion - a stewards story" will be out in time for the opening of Falmer Stadium. You can only get a signed hardback first edition by getting your advanced orders in, or on the actual opening day.

After that, you will just have to take your chances and bid for one on eBay.

Incidentally, "Brighton and Hove Albion - a fans story" will also be out in time for the opening of Falmer Stadium. Though that's only a working title. Final title will probably be 'The Men Who Stare At Goats'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh......and by the way, your statement ""If you didn't have stewards there would be no match" just about sums up the arrogant and stupid mind of a steward. We could ALL say things like that..."no supporters...no club"...."no players....no team" etc etc etc......truly pathetic..!

So quoting a fact is truly pathetic and arrogant ??? How about if the ref pointed out the match wouldn't go ahead without a ref - would that be arrogant too ?

Your statement would appear to be far more pathetic and stupid IMHO.

Incidentally, "Brighton and Hove Albion - a fans story" will also be out in time for the opening of Falmer Stadium. Though that's only a working title. Final title will probably be 'The Men Who Stare At Goats'

No fans want a 'fans story'! They want to know how it is from the exciting inner world, in the hallways where legends walk, from the signing-in desk to the wild private lives of stewards, the orgies in hi-viz waistcoats after the matches, the things stewards say to each other and how they mingle out of uniform with the proletariat.

I see this becoming the next 'James Bond' film series, coming to theatres near you.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Incidentally, there will also be a release of "Tne Fans View of Stewards, the Stewards view of Players, the Fans view of Players and the Stewards view of Players" in time for Falmer.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Are you a steward then...?

If so, are you embarrassed working with the fuckwit, steward 590...?

Oh......and by the way, your statement ""If you didn't have stewards there would be no match" just about sums up the arrogant and stupid mind of a steward. We could ALL say things like that..."no supporters...no club"...."no players....no team" etc etc etc......truly pathetic..!

What I do not understand is the fact that so called supporters can get away with swearing and hurling abuse at stewards and then get all upset when they get a reaction they do not like. Some people need to remember that stewards are all human, which is more than can be said of some of the posters on this board

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
It is because of small minded idiots that we need stewards in the 1st place. If people behaved themselves then no stewards would be needed

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just went to a friend's house today. She had started stewarding at the Albion this season.

Just read her copy of the 'Stewards' Handbook' that stewards get issued with. I didn't realise that they are not allowed to say 'bomb' or 'crushing' or 'fire' within listening shot of the public and have to use coded language to avoid creating public panic when communicating with each other.

Just went to a friend's house today. She had started stewarding at the Albion this season.

Just read her copy of the 'Stewards' Handbook' that stewards get issued with. I didn't realise that they are not allowed to say 'bomb' or 'crushing' or 'fire' within listening shot of the public and have to use coded language to avoid creating public panic when communicating with each other.

It can be very sensitive at times - when I once had to tell my fellow steward that the family stand concession wagon was out of chips, aka a 'Code Spud';
"Mayday, there is a paucity of Solanum Tuberosum in the area between gate sector 13 and 16, there's increased risk of decline in gratification for consumables"
Happily, a replenishment of solanaceae was enacted by Marine helicopters, thus averting a potential disaster at Withdean and stopping us hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
maybe they were 'high risk' fans:laugh: must admitt that sounds a tad ott

Over the years Oldham have had a 'very colourful band of travelling support', who on occassion have been known to get a lttle too fervant in their support of their team. (Ahem) No doubt Manchester Police like to help their own, and so accompany their locals, giving directions etc., so that they don,t get lost.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I did laugh at the fact it needed at least 4 stewards to ask a chap who was smoking in H block to put his cigarette out.

Im sure at least two had "rapid response" on their back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here