Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Queen

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I'm as patriotic as anybody and as proud of our Royal Family as the next man. Why then can't The Queen who was in front of the whole world on TV manage a smile and look pleased and proud at what we have achieved in putting on these games. What on earth did the rest of the world think?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm glad a royalist agrees.

Shocking performance I thought.

All of them looked the most miserable out of all the VIPs. Even the Young 'uns.

I don't care if they didn't like it, going to stuff like that is their JOB.

The Queen looked so miserable I wondered if something was up with her, and if so, fair enough.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Picking her fingers when Team GB came in. Couldn't have looked more bored.

But then again she was probably miffed Boyle got in Rotten's God Save the Queen near the start...

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Picking her fingers when Team GB came in. Couldn't have looked more bored.

But then again she was probably miffed Boyle got in Rotten's God Save the Queen near the start...

Apparently she asked for it to be played. One of her all time favourites!

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I like the fact that she is like that. Why should she change her personality for the Olympics? Don't we get enough laugh's and comedy moments from Prince Phillip? How many 80 odd year old's would have a workload like hers? she showed with the Bond scene, she does have a sense of humour.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Good sport for doing the Bond thing, was very surprised when she turned around and it actually was her.
But gutted she read all 3 lines from a page in her speech, she's been doing that for years, she didn't need to, she'd only read it to make a point.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ay2EGv6CYAAODzK.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The fact that they showed her two or three times during the 4 hours or so she sat there I hardly think you are qualified to say what her face looked like in the other 3 hours 59½ minutes

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I thought it was pretty shocking too that she didn't even look interested - when team GB came into the stadium you would have thought she would have given them some sort of smile and a wave - Philip was looking at the programme - the young royals did stand up and give them a round of applause and princess Anne was waving a flag.

She was there this morning too to support Zara at the equestrian event this morning and she seemed to be enjoying it.

Even at the Jubilee concert the queen looked at miserable as sin - I realise her husband had been taken to hospital that day but it would have been polite for her to just say a few words - only two words were needed - thank you!!!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Or she was pissed off with waiting for Team GB to come into the stadium knowing that shortly afterwards she would have to listen to Paul McCartney

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She should plaster on a smile and do her bloody job. It's an insult to the people who struggle in this country that a billionaire who has stolen a third of this countries wealth and land can't even have the decency to present herself as respectful of that fact. If she's too old to do that, she too old to do her job and should retire

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First of all the thought of listening to Macca and then home to that old twat The Duke of Edinbourg blaming the corgis for pissing on the sofa again. No wonder she is miserable.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
When was the last time she looked happy? I cannot remember a time! If its all too much like work for her, then she can always abdicate.

Maybe she is proof that money does not bring happiness.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I liked her face. It told me she was as embarrassed about her entrance as I was. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here