Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new goverment has missed the boat already!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Now its the chance for this Goverment to grow some balls and start making a stand.
All three stories below proves how out of control this country has become. It also proves how the system is simply not working. Tories make a stand and sort this shit out. I want to live in a safe country.

1) Magistrate suspended for calling 2 yobs absolute scum
Magistrate suspended for calling Blackburn Cathedral vandals 'absolute scum' | Mail Online

2) Solider attached in street and died after returning from Afganistan
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/826809-soldier-attacked-in-street-has-died

3) AL QAEDA PAIR PLOTTING BOMB ATTACK ARE ALLOWED TO STAY IN BRITAIN
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Al Qaeda pair plotting bomb attack are allowed to stay in Britain

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd like to live in a country where national newspapers who should be more responsible don't brainwash people into thinking there's some kind of national crisis and a "broken society" (which they love to use over and over again without ever explaining exactly what they mean or understand by it) based on a handful of incidents.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
out of control? im glad these stories make the press because it shows they are newsworthy and unusual. this country is a long way from out of control. i do hope the new government tidies up a few areas and takes a fresh look at poverty and education, the underlying causes of antisocial behaviour, but i cant say the country isnt safe.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
:facepalm: Lets base the ENTIRE population of immergrants, on a few isolated news incidents. Lets base the ENTIRE youth, on a small subsection of young people. :facepalm:

f***ing hell.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
OMG the new government didn't deal with these? Then they must be slacking already, I bet the bills are already in for cleaning their castles and servicing their dwarfs though.

The only answer is revolution, are you with me?

Or this might not be the fault of the government, just a thought.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love the way so many NSCers are brightly highlighted as being fucktards by posting such snippets of utter gutter based drivel

personally speaking I'm not aware that the current squatters in Downing street are anywhere near catching a boat of any sort!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I'd be fascinated to know how our new government might possibly have prevented any of these incidents.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I think we just want to see a change. We just want someone in power to come out and say this is unacceptable, and we are going to try and do something about it, but they never do unless I have missed something?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I love the way so many people ignore these factual news stories, and moan about the newspapers that report them. As per usual. :rolleyes:

No, you've missed the point.

It's the way in which these factual stories are extrapolated out to make us feel like the whole country is affected, rather than report them for the terrible, but isolated incidents that they are.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think we just want to see a change. We just want someone in power to come out and say this is unacceptable, and we are going to try and do something about it, but they never do unless I have missed something?

No we don't - they say it all the time. What we want is them to treat these stories with due proportion and not turn it into some crusade that demonises people and stops the sort of debate that's really necessary. It is unacceptable that a soldier has been murdered seven hours after returning from afghanistan. But it's also unacceptable that anyone is murdered. problem is it's newsworthy because he is a soldier and the paper then turns that into some bloody crusade about disrespect across the whole country that becaomes a load of vacuous hand wringing judgmental bile that doesn't actually address the issue.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
No, you've missed the point.

It's the way in which these factual stories are extrapolated out to make us feel like the whole country is affected, rather than report them for the terrible, but isolated incidents that they are.

I think people have preconceptions and are interpreting it that way. I had a quick scan of the three stories in the first post and couldn't see where the stories have been extrapolated into suggesting anything.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah for fucks sake David you have been in charge for well over a week now. Pull your finger out :US:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd be fascinated to know how our new government might possibly have prevented any of these incidents.

By changing the law to:
1. allow magistrates to say whatever they like whenever they like.
2. allow soldiers on leave to carry guns and use them when out having a drink
3. allow the immediate imprisonment of any al-qaeda suspect - irrespective of the evidence.

Shouldn't be a problem for this new all-singing all-dancing government. I expect it next week.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
i'd like to live in a country where national newspapers who should be more responsible don't brainwash people into thinking there's some kind of national crisis and a "broken society" (which they love to use over and over again without ever explaining exactly what they mean or understand by it) based on a handful of incidents.

^^ this ! ^^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here