Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our mentality's all wrong - even the supporters

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We lose again and all I can see are posts saying it's only the Paint Pot trophy, our fans were better than theirs, lots of team changes so it's to be expected, we only lost in injury time so we were unlucky etc etc.

I'm not saying anyone should be sacked. But am I wondering why so many seem cheered by these crumbs of comfort in the face of another defeat? Feels like we're just happy to finish with 11 men these days. The fact is we lost, again, and didn't score, again. Isn't it about time we raised our expectations everyone and demanded more / excused less?

Discuss......:thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They went
They lost
I couldn't give a toss

Sorry but I do.

I don't care what it is-Carling Cup, Paint Pot, Sussex Senior Cup, League 1, FA Cup, Champions League- I frigging hate to see us lose in a competition that we've entered into. If we enter a competition I want to see the players try and win the f***ing thing...600 odd people made the effort to support them tonight in the bum of the world that is East London-they deserved to see us win.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
We lose again and all I can see are posts saying it's only the Paint Pot trophy, our fans were better than theirs, lots of team changes so it's to be expected, we only lost in injury time so we were unlucky etc etc.

I'm not saying anyone should be sacked. But am I wondering why so many seem cheered by these crumbs of comfort in the face of another defeat? Feels like we're just happy to finish with 11 men these days. The fact is we lost, again, and didn't score, again. Isn't it about time we raised our expectations everyone and demanded more / excused less?

raise our expectations? like it or not until we get to falmer with say 15 or 16 thousand rgulars hopefully what can we expect? leeds have done fantastically well for the last 4 years with crowds of 20 thousand plus!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
raise our expectations? like it or not until we get to falmer with say 15 or 16 thousand rgulars hopefully what can we expect? leeds have done fantastically well for the last 4 years with crowds of 20 thousand plus!

15-16,000 regulars! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No chance.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
if your right we had better turn the lights out now!

I think the stadium is too big, way too big. If you do your research you will see that we have very rarely averaged 10,000, let alone 15-20,000 (it's all on here somewhere) and when we have had good averages it's been during the real halcyon days. We're going to a big old bright and beautiful stadium which will be three quarters empty. There's always the argument about the Man City games but how many would we have actually sold? 12,000?

If you ask me, the only way to go is the Bradford City route. Sell 'em cheap, fill the ground and go for atmosphere. Sell season tickets to Sussex and Brighton uni undergrads and pensioners for £100. Kids go free. Whatever it takes to get people interested. This town is full of Londoners, the Mike Ward types. it makes me sick to say this (sorry Mr Ward) but you have to try to tap into that potential revenue stream or Falmer becomes a white elephant.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think the stadium is too big, way too big. If you do your research you will see that we have very rarely averaged 10,000, let alone 15-20,000 (it's all on here somewhere) and when we have had good averages it's been during the real halcyon days. We're going to a big old bright and beautiful stadium which will be three quarters empty. There's always the argument about the Man City games but how many would we have actually sold? 12,000?

If you ask me, the only way to go is the Bradford City route. Sell 'em cheap, fill the ground and go for atmosphere. Sell season tickets to Sussex and Brighton uni undergrads and pensioners for £100. Kids go free. Whatever it takes to get people interested. This town is full of Londoners, the Mike Ward types. it makes me sick to say this (sorry Mr Ward) but you have to try to tap into that potential revenue stream or Falmer becomes a white elephant.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine? Our brand new home is going up at a terrific rate but it isn't even close to being half finished and already you're suggesting it's too big and will be a white elephant.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Stop hijacking my thread! This isn't about the new stadium. It's about accepting failure as a club. Now, why do you think it's ok to lose every week because we have a manager with a great personality, fans who sing, fans who don't sing, team changes, suspensions etc. Fact is we lost. AGAIN!

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

i lived in hull 10 years ago and occasionally went to boothferry park along with 4 thousand other brave souls. whilst living in hull twice watched the albion at the old leeds road, old huddersfield ground, with about 5 thousand others. now look! doesnt mean immediate success but i think you may well be surprised!

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC

Absolute rubbish. Aside from the example of Hull that has already been mentioned, Reading are another. Terrible ground (elm park) and poor support in the equivalent of the championship (6000 when doing badly, 9000 when doing ok). Its amazing what a new stadium can do for a football club. Its even more obvious when the team starts getting a few results. We have every chance of being that team. Loads of people, me included, will start going to home games once we have falmer!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Word.

Not only are the team a laughing stock acorss the Country but worse still our fans will soon become a bigger laughing stock. Excuses are Us. There will never be ANY pressure on Slade or Bloom to deliver results with a fan base so happy with SHITE results.

Its quite bizarre 2 wins , 3 draws and 7 defeats this season and still everyone it seems is perfectly happy with everything. We assume " things will get better", " we will get the rub of the green ", " we will get better refs ", " we will start to gel ". Its the season of EXCUSES and at this rate are sleep walking to Division 4.

All I expect from the Slade is a messiah crowd is to be told to f*** off, go and support another team or the wanker sign but if anyone could explain why everyone is so happy with us in the relegation zone and out of both cup competitions at the first hurdle I would be interested to know.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Word.

Not only are the team a laughing stock acorss the Country but worse still our fans will soon become a bigger laughing stock. Excuses are Us. There will never be ANY pressure on Slade or Bloom to deliver results with a fan base so happy with SHITE results.

Its quite bizarre 2 wins , 3 draws and 7 defeats this season and still everyone it seems is perfectly happy with everything. We assume " things will get better", " we will get the rub of the green ", " we will get better refs ", " we will start to gel ". Its the season of EXCUSES and at this rate are sleep walking to Division 4.

All I expect from the Slade is a messiah crowd is to be told to f*** off, go and support another team or the wanker sign but if anyone could explain why everyone is so happy with us in the relegation zone and out of both cup competitions at the first hurdle I would be interested to know.
Spot on again , sir.....why have we not appointed a proper first team coach?:US::US::US:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Word.

I must admit a month ago I was finding your anti Slade sentiments very grating and was quite vocal about this but I am beginning to share your views on the way our season is going.
The team seems to be getting used to losing especially at home and our league form is suggesting we are heading for another relegation scrap. Things need to change fast or Slade should be shown the door sooner rather than later. I’m not denying he is a very articulate, likeable character but IMO he is not proving himself to be the right man to lead us to Falmer. He has been given a golden opportunity to succeed with a club with high ambition and so far he has not done enough to suggest he is up to the job.

If results have not improved dramatically by November, Bloom should do everything he can to attract a high profile, proven manager with a win ratio than higher than Slade’s 30 odd%.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Of course Slade did well last season but he was under no pressure in so far as the supporters and probably the board had assumed we were down already. The fact he kept us up will always make him popular. It is also my strong opinion that Bloom did not want Slade for the next 2 seasons and was ready to pull the trigger and get his man, his vision to lead us to Falmer. The fact Slade kept us up and the popularity with the fans, Bloom was duty bound to offer him the gig.

In hindsight it would have been better for Slade , Bloom , the club and the fans if Slade walked off into the Sunset after the last game last season with a golden thankyou cheque and his p45. His reputation would have taken a big boost , he would always be a BHAFC legend and he would have walked into another job.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
Thats about right Uncle!

Last years climax to the season for slade was like a goalkeeper in a penalty shoot out. He can only be the hero.

I know for a fact that the players wonder where he is most of the week, and they are fed up with being trained by Laurel and Hardy, White-Booker. How can players look up to glorified County league coaches.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Slade never played a professional game of football in his life.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I didnt know that but it makes perfect sense.

I fear that Bloom will wield the axe when the time is right! How can he be respected in the game if he has never played at professional level?

Answer is he cant, and the players wont perform for him because they lack the respect for him as a manager.

Im sure hes a nice guy though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unfortunately as we see in all walks of life " nice guys finish last ", it is usually the hard, selfish, tread on anyone, driven bastards who succeed, sad but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here