Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Grandson

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a result my son and I are going to be fundraising and campaigning to ensure that every school has a defibrillator, and staff trained to use them - early days yet, so not sure how we will be going about it, but the NSC community will be among the first to know!

Not sure how to fundraise, but a defibrillator is what is needed. Pioneered in Seattle 30 years ago, and also again in Brighton (the station has had one, or did, a long time ago, thanks to Prof Chamberlain et al). Should be part of any first aid kit, imo.

Brilliant news about the boy :thumbsup:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Good luck to Harry, cpr and heart massage should be taught at all schools.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the best Harry & well done to the heroes who saved his life. Glad the story had a nice ending & hope he can live a normal life. Glad the Albion won - that win was for young Harry :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yesterday our seven year old grandson , Harry should have been in his seat in the ESU with his older brother Olly,,dad and grandad (me). However last Wednesday while playing footy at school he collapsed, having suffered a cardiac arrest. His life was saved by a member of the school staff giving CPR for 15 mins while awaiting paramedics his heart had stopped and he had stopped breathing.
On arrival at the Alex he had to be resuscitated again. He was stabilised and transferred to the Evelina children's ICU in London. His Mum and Dad have been with him since day one.
Thanks to the wonderful woman who saved his life, he is now sitting up with tubes etc removed and able to communicate normally. On Thursday he will have a mini defibrillator fitted under his skin which get things going again if such an event recurs. We are off to see our lovely boy today.
Thank you to the woman who saved his precious life , the brilliant paramedics, the doctors and nurses who work tirelessly for our brilliant NHS , all our family and friends who have given us support and prayers through these last few days.
And thanks to Beram Kayal for the get well video message to Harry!

Bloody hell, so glad he's ok.

What did Kayal say?

And well done to that teacher, not to mention doctors and nurses etc. Amazing people.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best wishes to him and all your family. We all moan and groan about the NHS but when needed there is nothing better.and all are treated equally irrespective of colour , creed or wealth.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am so very pleased for you and the family that Harry is ok - what you went through is the stuff of nightmares. Very best wishes the treatment goes well.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wow what a story.
Glad he is ok and hope he improves asap xxx

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As others have said, basic first aid really should be taught in schools. Even if the skills learnt are never used (and you'd have to hope that'd be the case) it can only be a good thing.

Best wishes to your grandson, hopefully he'll be back at the AMEX before you know it!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well this thread as cheer me up no end after the morning i have had at work so far and just puts in to perspective how trivial some sh*t is. Glad your grandson is on the mend and what fantastic work by all involved to save him.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Thank you for all the messages. They are very comforting and supportive - an indication of how close the Albion family is at times like this. We saw him in Hospital yesterday. He is very tired and still coming out of the effect of all the drugs that were pumped into him while he was under sedation. He is still on track to have his mini-defibrillator fitted on Thursday, and will probably be in the Evelina for another week after. The medics say he should be able to lead a pretty normal life apart from not being able to play pro sport! I have spoke to CH about this and he is gutted!
Unfortunately at the time of the collapse he was wearing his favourite "Harry 7" Albion strip, and this had to be cut off him by the paramedics - suffice to say that is in the process of being replaced, and Dodge has promised him and his brother a stadium tour when he is up to it

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fantastic news. When I read your original post this morning, it hit me like a punch in the stomach. There is nothing worse than seeing kids suffer. All the best to your family.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Thanks so much for the update and all the best to Harry. My two boys are 9 and 6 - I can only imagine how horrific the last few days must have been for you.
That a fantastic response, and just brilliant to hear he's going to get through this. Thoughts go to you all - look forward to hearing's Harry back at the Amex soon.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell. That is shocking.

I hope he, and his parents, are feeling better and stronger - and you, obviously.

And good for the teacher - that is the nightmare scenario that none in the profession ever want to face, but she will never forget the difference that she has made.

A shame that we won't get to see Harry turning out for the Albion, but you can't have everything!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So sorry to read that, as the father of a 6 year old I can only imagine what it must have been like.

So glad that the little guy is on the mend and should be able to live a normal life, and amazing work from the Teacher and staff at the hospital.

Best wishes to you all and hope he makes it back to the AMEX before long

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yesterday our seven year old grandson , Harry should have been in his seat in the ESU with his older brother Olly,,dad and grandad (me). However last Wednesday while playing footy at school he collapsed, having suffered a cardiac arrest. His life was saved by a member of the school staff giving CPR for 15 mins while awaiting paramedics his heart had stopped and he had stopped breathing.
On arrival at the Alex he had to be resuscitated again. He was stabilised and transferred to the Evelina children's ICU in London. His Mum and Dad have been with him since day one.
Thanks to the wonderful woman who saved his life, he is now sitting up with tubes etc removed and able to communicate normally. On Thursday he will have a mini defibrillator fitted under his skin which get things going again if such an event recurs. We are off to see our lovely boy today.
Thank you to the woman who saved his precious life , the brilliant paramedics, the doctors and nurses who work tirelessly for our brilliant NHS , all our family and friends who have given us support and prayers through these last few days.
And thanks to Beram Kayal for the get well video message to Harry!
thank god for that, hope his recovery is complete and well done Beram Kayal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here