Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

our current situation!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
if we lose at leyton orient then wilkins must step down from that position. he talks a good game but his signings have been poor , the results have been the same and dick knight should use the money he was going to spend on constantine , on bringing someone experienced in if even to the end of the season to get us out of this mess.
i do not want to start another debate on mcghee but im 100% positive we would not of been in this situation had we still been here. dean you have 90 more minutes for me; lose this one and youve lost my support!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We wont miss you Wigman. :wave:

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
100% agree.:clap:

IMHO we would be doing any worse with Mcghee in charge. The next rwo games are make or break for us and Wilkins.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly I have to agree - yesterday was so inept it is had to keep the faith.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
We wont miss you. :wave:

We miss every fan lost. You and I both remember the 26k plus fans at every home game. I miss the 20k we no longer have :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Icy Gull said:
We miss every fan lost. You and I both remember the 26k plus fans at every home game. I miss the 20k we no longer have :(

A lot of those must be dead, I don't want them back. :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
A lot of those must be dead, I don't want them back. :ohmy:

The majority of the South stand certainly :D

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't believe you lot just afew weeks ago it was superb football winning games and scoring for fun and just a few games later you want him out - pathetic back him for the season and get behind the team on the pitch and stop sulking.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mouldy Boots said:
I can't believe you lot just afew weeks ago it was superb football winning games and scoring for fun and just a few games later you want him out - pathetic back him for the season and get behind the team on the pitch and stop sulking.

:clap: :clap:

Seconded

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
dougdeep said:

We wont miss you. :wave:
your quite happy with the current situation then doug ?
dwindling crowds,poor results,rubbish value for money and possibly basement football next season.if thats what you want then im pleased for you, but at 25 quid a game like its going at the moment then its wont be for me!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:

In the same way that I seem to remember you stating that you refused to go again whilst McGhee was in charge. Or have I got the wrong person and you didn't say that?

Just how are the Wilins detractors any different? He took over a team surviving in mid table mediocrity and we have slipped down the table.

I am not advocating the removal of Wilkins btw anymore than I wanted MM out, just commentating on the hypocrisy of your post :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
wigman said:
dwindling crowds,poor results,rubbish value for money and possibly basement football next season.if thats what you want then im pleased for you, but at 25 quid a game like its going at the moment then its wont be for me!

The trouble with ultimatums is that they are rather rigid. I'll still go if we're in the Sussex county league. The football is poor at the moment but I've seen worse and probably will again. Until we get Falmer nothing really matters on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 2719

wigman said:

It's a funny old game - i was talking to a brentford fan before yesterdays game and he said i have stopped going because its 20 quid for a ticket and we have been useless recently it ain't good value for money.
so can i suggest that we are not the only club in the football league that are in this situation and apparently there crowds have been dropping.
But i do get the impression we have far more glory hunter fans than ever like i have said before i would have prefered to stay at gillingham until we get Falmer atleast we would have a roof with loyal fans under it and the expectation would not be so high.
As we haven't got that we just have to get on with it and be realistic.

D

Deleted member 2719

Icy Gull said:
In the same way that I seem to remember you stating that you refused to go again whilst McGhee was in charge. Or have I got the wrong person and you didn't say that?

Just how are the Wilins detractors any different? He took over a team surviving in mid table mediocrity and we have slipped down the table.

I am not advocating the removal of Wilkins btw anymore than I wanted MM out, just commentating on the hypocrisy of your post :)

I was expecting a view from yourself on this-but my main reason on MM leaving was purely based on his treatment of players and his general style of play ie. long balls to Leon all the time.

He who was mean't to be a so called top manager was unbeilevable and so negative in his style of play.
Although Wilkins may have been let down by some of his players i am sure he will learn by that as after all he is learning the trade.
MM was given along time to sort it out and it never happened and now Wilkins is trying to build his own squad he will need time to get it right.

Fergie had a similar thing when he went to Man u he was just hours away from losing his job and look what happened there!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't think it matters who is in the dugout anymore, they'll have nothing to work with and no chance of getting anything to work with all the while dear old Dick is at the helm.

Falmer Falmer :bla: :bla: :bla:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
I was expecting a view from yourself on this-but my main reason on MM leaving was purely based on his treatment of players and his general style of play ie. long balls to Leon all the time.

He who was mean't to be a so called top manager was unbeilevable and so negative in his style of play.
Although Wilkins may have been let down by some of his players i am sure he will learn by that as after all he is learning the trade.
MM was given along time to sort it out and it never happened and now Wilkins is trying to build his own squad he will need time to get it right.

Fergie had a similar thing when he went to Man u he was just hours away from losing his job and look what happened there!!

Just joshing Mouldy Boots, I know what you mean and tend to agree with you BUT rest assured Deano will not do a Fergusion with us however long we give him :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:

He was given 7 games in a league we should at least be a mid table team in, thats not a long time to sort it out. Just how many McGhee signings were in the team yesterday?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Da Man Clay said:
He was given 7 games in a league we should at least be a mid table team in, thats not a long time to sort it out. Just how many McGhee signings were in the team yesterday?

none i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here