Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

our away support

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Will it drop off when the amex opens? Will lots of people (.like me) who don't go to home games but will be getting a ST next season go to less aways?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Away games are always better, always have been. It's the concentration of, for want of a better phrase "real fans" that means the atmosphere is always better. It's a day out, so you want to make the most of it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
why would it?
It will still be a 7 hour round trip for me to get to Brighton but I can easily get to all games in the midlands and west country and even games in the northwest are closer for me than home games.

plus as previously mentioned, the concentration of fans makes for a better atmosphere

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It will increase without a doubt. I don't think it will increase in line with our home attendances, as we all know there are folk who go to away games but not home games because of Withdean, but I would expect the away following to increase.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can see where he is coming from if you are young live with parents or chidren are out earning and not a drain on finances you will be able to afford every game but i suspect there are a lot of albion fans who won't have the dosh for home and away and will go for the shiny new stadium instead.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
including travel and the day of drinking rather than just the afternoon for a home game...

It must cost almost 3 times the price to go to an away game as it does for a home game.

If people are paying out somewhere in the region of £1,500 a season for away games then an extra £500 to include the home games won't be to much to ask.

I can only see the away support growing

D

Deleted member 2719

including travel and the day of drinking rather than just the afternoon for a home game...

It must cost almost 3 times the price to go to an away game as it does for a home game.

If people are paying out somewhere in the region of £1,500 a season for away games then an extra £500 to include the home games won't be to much to ask.

I can only see the away support growing

I am not saying the away support will not grow eventually if we are in the Championship as this will grow anyway but i would have thought the group of supporters that i have mentioned above would have a budget it mabe £500 a year and take in lets say 7or 8 away matches - so when it comes to being a STH that may just blow there whole budget and therefore cut there away matches for the season.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i was thinking this. i think our away support is strong at the moment because albion fans are starved of seeing their team play in decent stadia, or along with a decent atmosphere. once this is the case every home game, i can see the away crowds dropping, especially given that people's 'football budget' will be being spent on home games.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i was thinking this. i think our away support is strong at the moment because albion fans are starved of seeing their team play in decent stadia, or along with a decent atmosphere. once this is the case every home game, i can see the away crowds dropping, especially given that people's 'football budget' will be being spent on home games.

dont agree at all,many that go to away games do so because of the whole away game mentality and they will continue to go away! Yes falmer will be incredible for all of us who have suffered but away games will still be better. The more tight-knit away fans,travelling to other cities on trains/cars/coaches,having more of a drink and always a better atmosphere will always mean people will go to away games in numbers.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Visiting the fine stadia of the championship i'm sure if anything away attendances will increase :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Visiting the fine stadia of the championship i'm sure if anything away attendances will increase :thumbsup:

I agree that if in the championship of course we will get more but i really do not feel we will get any more than when we were previously in the championship.

Surely the average working man has some sort of budget???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The away support wont decline because of the many fans who live in exile , some too far away from Brighton but make it to several away games a season.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
dont agree at all,many that go to away games do so because of the whole away game mentality and they will continue to go away! Yes falmer will be incredible for all of us who have suffered but away games will still be better. The more tight-knit away fans,travelling to other cities on trains/cars/coaches,having more of a drink and always a better atmosphere will always mean people will go to away games in numbers.

Spot on, sums up my feelings perfectly.
The idea of drinks on the train with a group of mates, going somewhere different, and with a core bunch of supporters with a good atmosphere and (usually) relaxed stewards will always be different to an away game, no matter where we played our home games.
If anything, it should increase our away attendances, as the new generation decide to go to the odd one or two locally, and then who knows from there.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
:bhasign:best fans in the country will be able to watch the seagulls every week instead
of once a fortnight.thats all that will change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here