Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than Donny...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
For moments there were a few. Donny was probably the best but it was a shit game and we didn't play very well, likewise Forest was the same but everyone will remember the ending. As a game of football probably the Leeds game was the most enjoyable. The saints game was good, but if we're being honest the game changed on two incidents, Harding being subbed (he'd been the best player on the park until he lost it) and the lad getting sent off. We certainly weren't 3 goals better than them. Ipswich was probably our most dominant performance. Vicente against Pompey and Derby was just out of this world.

My favourite game though was probably a game we lost, Burnley. I've never experienced an atmosphere like it. No one gave a shit after about 25 minutes and the place just rocked. Had CMS not fluffed his lines at the end I think the place would have gone as bat shit crazy as it did at the end of the Donny game.

Clearly some sick joke!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not in the slightest. Never saw anything in the lad when he was with us or any other time I'd seen him on telly after he'd left. Obviously he had something as he wouldn't have been and England U21 and played at the level he has. He was fantastic that day. Everything Saints threw at us in the first half came through him and they should have been 2 or 3 up at the break. We rode our luck, wound him up and Rat Boy probably did the right thing in taking him off. Saints never looked like scoring after he left the field.

Wow.

Harding was utterly shithouse, from the first minute of that game, and should have been off for two yellows, after about 18 minutes. I think you must have been pissed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope, just watch the game without blue and white tinted spectacles on.

You should probably try it sometime.

Nonsense reply. I'm quite happy to accept that Williams of Palace, Trotter of Millwall, Federici and Roberts of Reading, and a long list of other players had excellent games against us over the course of the season. Harding was absolutely not one of them. The fact his own manager chose to substitute him before half time, rather backs that up.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Nonsense reply. I'm quite happy to accept that Williams of Palace, Trotter of Millwall, Federici and Roberts of Reading, and a long list of other players had excellent games against us over the course of the season. Harding was absolutely not one of them. The fact his own manager chose to substitute him before half time, rather backs that up.

Rubbish. Rat Boy took him of because he'd lost his head, been booked (but I agree with you should have already been sent off) and was very close to being to sent off. Saints were by far the better side in the first half and looked allot less threatening after he left the field.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rubbish. Rat Boy took him of because he'd lost his head, been booked (but I agree with you should have already been sent off) and was very close to being to sent off. Saints were by far the better side in the first half and looked allot less threatening after he left the field.

I'd say they EDGED the first half - they dominated posession, but looked woefully exposed down their left, every time Buckley got the ball (because it was clear that Harding could not cope, and was going to either bring him down, or wave him past, every single time). I'd say that Saints had a decent first half DESPITE Harding's contribution, rather than BECAUSE of it.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I really enjoyed the burnley game at home, even if we did lose. the atmosphere in the stadium after Barnes got sent off was VIOLENT.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Leeds at home......Watford at home......to come from 0-2 down to getting something is always going to send me home with a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could easily have been 3-0 down by half time against Saints imo

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
For moments there were a few. Donny was probably the best but it was a shit game and we didn't play very well, likewise Forest was the same but everyone will remember the ending. As a game of football probably the Leeds game was the most enjoyable. The saints game was good, but if we're being honest the game changed on two incidents, Harding being subbed (he'd been the best player on the park until he lost it) and the lad getting sent off. We certainly weren't 3 goals better than them. Ipswich was probably our most dominant performance. Vicente against Pompey and Derby was just out of this world.

My favourite game though was probably a game we lost, Burnley. I've never experienced an atmosphere like it. No one gave a shit after about 25 minutes and the place just rocked. Had CMS not fluffed his lines at the end I think the place would have gone as bat shit crazy as it did at the end of the Donny game.

I have to agree that, despite losing, that was the most passionate match of the season both from the point of view of our team, but more significantly from the perspective of our fans - Like the team they were magnificent

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The england Under 20 international. Was the game for me that cemented back the fact that fighting for BHA jad beeen the right thing to do

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
The Stains game for me,not our best performance by a long way,but just going to that match with the squad so depleted by injury and expecting us to get a right good gubbing and coming away with a 3-0 win and some utterly pissed off scummers.Priceless.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Saints for the result, Pompey and Derby for the Vicente shows - if he'd scored after THAT run against Derby it would probably rank a lot higher.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not in the slightest. Never saw anything in the lad when he was with us or any other time I'd seen him on telly after he'd left. Obviously he had something as he wouldn't have been and England U21 and played at the level he has. He was fantastic that day. Everything Saints threw at us in the first half came through him and they should have been 2 or 3 up at the break. We rode our luck, wound him up and Rat Boy probably did the right thing in taking him off. Saints never looked like scoring after he left the field.

He was utterly awful. Buckley was rinsing him time and time and time again and when Adkins finally took pity on him and brought him off before half time, he should've had about 6 yellows. People in WSL said he looked genuinely close to tears when coming off. One of the worst performances by a single player I've ever seen. Hilariously woeful.

Saints never looked like scoring after the One Man Team got sent off. Fox was far far better than Harding, he shut Buckley up from that moment forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here