Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than Donny...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What was your favourite game last season?

3-0 vs Saints for me.

Sparrow's screamer, JFC performance and goal, Harding getting humiliated, One man team getting sent off, just glorious in so many ways.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cardiff away.

If we had been able to sustain that level of performance we would have topped the league. It was an absolute masterclass in football "the Poyet way"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably Newcastle, the Saints impressive result was slightly tainted by the sending off. Having said that the Burnley game was the most enjoyable defeat I've ever seen if only CMS could have put it away at the end, that would have been my favourite I reckon.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
The two leeds games were very good but the best game this season in terms of an albion performance, for me has to be Derby at home. Came down from the midlands, my dads birthday so i got us 1901 tickets, vicente masterclass and a dominating game for the albion. I think we also went up to 4th after that game too!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What was your favourite game last season?

3-0 vs Saints for me.

Sparrow's screamer, JFC performance and goal, Harding getting humiliated, One man team getting sent off, just glorious in so many ways.

For moments there were a few. Donny was probably the best but it was a shit game and we didn't play very well, likewise Forest was the same but everyone will remember the ending. As a game of football probably the Leeds game was the most enjoyable. The saints game was good, but if we're being honest the game changed on two incidents, Harding being subbed (he'd been the best player on the park until he lost it) and the lad getting sent off. We certainly weren't 3 goals better than them. Ipswich was probably our most dominant performance. Vicente against Pompey and Derby was just out of this world.

My favourite game though was probably a game we lost, Burnley. I've never experienced an atmosphere like it. No one gave a shit after about 25 minutes and the place just rocked. Had CMS not fluffed his lines at the end I think the place would have gone as bat shit crazy as it did at the end of the Donny game.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not the best game, but Derby, solely for that amazing run and shot against the bar by Vicente, that moment will stay with me for a long time.
Match wise, Southampton, seeing Harding getting raped and subbed by half time,then Lambert getting sent off
Leeds for sheer footballing factor, except Caspers injury time hoof and them going back to the other end and equelising
Burnley for the amazing atmosphere and fan reaction

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For moments there were a few. Donny was probably the best but it was a shit game and we didn't play very well, likewise Forest was the same but everyone will remember the ending. As a game of football probably the Leeds game was the most enjoyable. The saints game was good, but if we're being honest the game changed on two incidents, Harding being subbed (he'd been the best player on the park until he lost it) and the lad getting sent off. We certainly weren't 3 goals better than them. Ipswich was probably our most dominant performance. Vicente against Pompey and Derby was just out of this world.

I'm assuming that's some sort of bizarre joke?! Worst single performance by a player at the Amex last season probably.

Also I don't buy that Lambert getting sent off was luck, at all. El Abd pissed him off and got him sent off. We deserved the win, comfortably.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm assuming that's some sort of bizarre joke?! Worst single performance by a player at the Amex last season probably.

Also I don't buy that Lambert getting sent off was luck, at all. El Abd pissed him off and got him sent off. We deserved the win, comfortably.

Not in the slightest. Never saw anything in the lad when he was with us or any other time I'd seen him on telly after he'd left. Obviously he had something as he wouldn't have been and England U21 and played at the level he has. He was fantastic that day. Everything Saints threw at us in the first half came through him and they should have been 2 or 3 up at the break. We rode our luck, wound him up and Rat Boy probably did the right thing in taking him off. Saints never looked like scoring after he left the field.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saints

Leeds

Burnley - the atmosphere was electric and what could of been if CMS had tucked away his chance in the 90th. NEVER come away from a game after losing feeling so happy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds was fantastic. Great game, great comeback, best 45 minutes from CMS we saw all season including a sublime goal, and superb atmosphere. A shame we couldn't hold on for the win, but a superb advert for the division.

Shouts out for Blackpool at home, the crushing victory over Ipswich and routine Pompey Vicente-inspired victory in the sooonshyiiine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here