Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other strikers we could make a move for that haven't been mentioned?...

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Think Derby are bidding for him at 4 million.

A reliable ITK chap on one of our boards reckon Brizzle want £10 - 12M for him, so if there's any truth in it it's going to be a long haul because I can't see us paying that for any player, let alone a 26-year old Championship striker with one good season behind him. Bristol don't need to sell, but like any deal these days though, it'll probably swing on what the player wants, and if he wants away, the clubs will probably reach a compromise. I'm sure there'd be competition for him anyway, so I'll be surprised if this one happens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes we know the merits of the 2 S Americans, Murray, McCormack and Rhodes have been dissected over hundreds of pages on here but who would you consider to be viable options that haven't yet been discussed?

I will kick off with 2:

Joshua King - Young quick and skilful Norway striker/winger at Bournemouth has been pushed down the pecking order with the arrivals of Afobe and Grabban.

Cameron Jerome - 29 year old Norwich striker currently 4th choice at Carrow Road but proven goalscorer at Championship level.

A reliable ITK chap on one of our boards reckon Brizzle want £10 - 12M for him, so if there's any truth in it it's going to be a long haul because I can't see us paying that for any player, let alone a 26-year old Championship striker with one good season behind him. Bristol don't need to sell, but like any deal these days though, it'll probably swing on what the player wants, and if he wants away, the clubs will probably reach a compromise. I'm sure there'd be competition for him anyway, so I'll be surprised if this one happens.

That just shows how ridiculous the valuation of uk based strikers isl

W1B seagull

May 21, 2016
Yes we know the merits of the 2 S Americans, Murray, McCormack and Rhodes have been dissected over hundreds of pages on here but who would you consider to be viable options that haven't yet been discussed?

I will kick off with 2:

Joshua King - Young quick and skilful Norway striker/winger at Bournemouth has been pushed down the pecking order with the arrivals of Afobe and Grabban.

Cameron Jerome - 29 year old Norwich striker currently 4th choice at Carrow Road but proven goalscorer at Championship level.

Victor Anichebe

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I suggested him in January as a possible loan but was told by many his goal scoring record isnt good enough and his not very mobile.
It isn't, and he isn't.

I, for one, would be VERY disappointed if we signed him.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Alfreð Finnbogason could be a good option if the money is right. 27 year old Icelandic international. Scored 7 in 14 appearances for Augsburg in the Bundesliga where he was on loan from Real Sociedad for the 2nd half of last season. Could offer good cover for Hemed.

https://youtu.be/pvADOfFofm4

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There was one of those spurious Transfer Centre twitter accounts today linking us to Lasse Vibe and Scott Hogan from Brentford. Must be the last two mentioned to complete a full set of championship strikers we MIGHT be interested in :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here