Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other Games...

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Anybody go to any games that aren't Brighton? I mean Premiership Teams really rather than lower league teams.

For example last year went to Birmingham a few times as it was dead easy to get tickets for Premiership Matches, was something easy to do for a weekend at times. (Never seen such an empty stadium!)

Been to the Emirates Cup for the past few years as well as the international matches they hold. Which again are both decent days out (seeing Brazil field their strongest team is pretty great)

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Been a couple of Barnet games this season cos my mate supports them and they're the closest club to Uni. Bee Army!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I don't see why the lower leagues should be excluded, so I'm also putting my hand up for Barnet - I go and watch them maybe three times a season, if we're not playing. Also go to QPR and Spurs occasionally and have made it to Arsenal a couple of times, mainly thanks to mates with season tickets.

When I first moved to London in the early 90s, I was going to watch pretty much all the London sides at one time or another - one of the great joys of living up here. No longer possible, unfortunately.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I go and see Torquay when we are down there visiting relatives. It's a rather tired ground (being redeveloped on one side though) but it makes me realise how very lucky we are.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I go to between 3 and 6 Wolves games a season. However I have just moved from Wolverhampton into West Brom territory - I still think I'll carry on going to the odd Wolves game for my occasional soccerball fix though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Usually make a couple of Newport County games each season. Also we make it to 2 or 3 matches a year in the Cyprus First Division when we're there on hols. Worthing gets a visit now and then, as does Wimbledon.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Following on from my earlier post, I don't go as often as I used to. In all honestly, I can't really justify paying Premier League prices, which seem to be double the price Wolves were charging in the Championship.

I used to get in for £12 - £14 with my NUS card. Now a ticket costs £28 - £35. Ok, so I no longer get student discount, but it is still steep, given that Wolves are not the team I support.

Sad, but unfortunately this seems to be the reality of modern football.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nope, can't get motivated to go and watch a game live if it doesn't involve Brighton!

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
The Mighty Lions............. Guiseley... Currently rocking the Blue Square North in Second!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here