Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - the boiler mayhem continues

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT - the boiler mayhem continues

eastlondonseagull said:
Not much at first, so I was getting a bit worried, but then it started playing up when he was fiddling with the taps. Didn't do it when the taps were closed, though, unfortunately.

Then it's disgraceful that he left without fixing it. I would either ask for your money back or get another engineer free of charge. It may not be broken down but it is a fault that you called him to fix. He has witnessed the fault and then left without rectifying it. Not acceptable really.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just spoke to Corgi this morning and they confirmed everything on here about a service requiring legal documentation to be left behind.

When I gave them the name of the firm, Megaheat, they said that two people working there are Corgi-registered, but that NONE of them are qualified to look at central heating. They're only qualified to look at pipework, so the work was illegal.

Corgi are sending me a complaint form through the post.

Thanks for all your advice on this chaps, much appreciated.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Whoa. Just called the firm to complain and it was Nirmal who came round. He denies wrong-doing, and has said that he IS registered to work on central heating.

He says he did service the boiler and says that he didn't have to leave any documentation etc. Then 'we got cut off' and he's no longer answering his phone.

He will definitely be getting that Corgi complaint, now.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
eastlondonseagull said:

He says he did service the boiler and says that he didn't have to leave any documentation etc. Then 'we got cut off' and he's no longer answering his phone.

Perhaps he's in the Channel Tunnel?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:
Tradesman are all shit apart from Steve Needham who was a superb sparky recommended to me on here. I have tried 3 plumbers and left my numbers and none of them have had the courtesy of even calling back. I may have a grands work of work to do and they " lose my number " it really fills you with confidence doesn't it. This has happened 3 times now.

They are all shit :censored: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

I HAVE TOLD YOU ...MARK WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL BACK AS HE COULDNT HEAR THE NUMBER YOU LEFT ON HIS MACHINE.

mark is not SHIT, he is a f***ing superb, qualified, efficient and courteous corgi registered engineer. He has serviced my boiler 3 times, moved two radiators, serviced my old and new gas fires and repaired the new gas fire and always charges a very very reasonable rate.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here