Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Help, I work with the worlds biggest bullsh*tter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a break from the trials & tribulations of being an Albion supporter. I need to vent off some steam & take on some advise on how to deal with a particularly annoying bullshitting colleague.

I can handle the fact that, in conversation, all things he's done, work related, are bigger, better, faster, etc. Than what has just been said.
After all, I'd imagine most of us can look @ someone right now, who's the same.

The problem starts when the talk becomes more general, so far I've heard (each topic goes on a lot longer, as when he gets to an 'end' he chuckles, but if noone else does, he continues to a more outlandish claim) :-

(whilst working @ Gatwick) 'Jordans a right slapper, I told her so & although Andre agreed with me, he told me not to call her that. She complained to my boss, he just told me not too do it again'.

'I told the engineer he needed more oil in the wheel release, he said no. But when the plane landed @ NY the wheels didn't come down. I knew it'

'I was searching the plane hold & the pilot started to taxi, I had to run & jump out the back'.

'don't talk to me about Charlotte Church, she tried to get me exported (his word) from Canada. She came up and had a right go @ me, calling me little man. Then her bodyguard tried to throw me out of the country'. Bizarrely enough, that sentance is pretty much as said.

There are about 5-10 more stories along the same lines, involving Elton John, Bruce Forsyth, Phil Collins, Levi's, his mother, & a couple more from gatwick. I might come back too later.

WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THE INSANITY.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Start calling him "two shits", if he asks why then calmly explain that in the time that anyone else could have one bowel movement he could have two, he will get the message.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must be losing my touch when it comes to sarcastic put downs cos none of my mates can believe I let it happen.
It's just a total barrage, that seems to be unstoppable.
Kill him can be the only solution.

'I've got an orginal pair of Levi's, so exclusive they even spelt Levi wrong (missing the I off), worth £500, but the wife shrunk them in the wash'.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think you should subtley start taking the piss. What he said sounds like something out of a comedy sketch show and therefore he should be treted accordingly.

Or claim that God is your father...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Make a website and publish all his stories. Give out his home address, telephone number and email.

Failing that, put round a story that he is a major player in the drugs importing world. Should liven his day up no end.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Stst Brother said:

'I've got an orginal pair of Levi's, so exclusive they even spelt Levi wrong (missing the I off), worth £500, but the wife shrunk them in the wash'.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seriously, write down EVERYTHING he says. He sounds comedy gold to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My g/f says, after a particularly large story I should say, "wow what a coincidence the exact same thing happened to me" :lolol:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about putting a sign in your local newsagents, something like this should suffice:

"Free Manure - Endless supply of bull dung available, for details call - (tel no) and ask for (insert name here) to arrange delivery"

I've worked with loads of people like that, but no one as bad as him by the sounds of things.

Try and catch him out. Next time he mentions an encounter with someone famous make out that you have met them too and then ask him if he noticed said famous persons interesting birthmark/tattoo/scar on neck etc (obviously completely made up). Anything that they would only notice if they met them.

Then when he inevitably agrees, reveal that you completely made it up and make him look a right twat. Preferably in front of several colleagues.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was a guy at my school who was a complete bullshitter. Nice guy but made up some terrible stories.

One day we had enough and my friend had a tape cleaner for his HiFi with the title Headcleaner on it....

My friend who owned the tape then said to this guy, these guys are great have you heard of them? He said he had been to three of their concerts!! Much uproar and his stories diminshed after that.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just for you GNLF, I'll try & do this one verbatium.

"I got a xmas card today....(silence from everyone, he chuckles).... it was from my mum....(silence/chuckle).... I thought she was dead....(silence/chuckle).... I haven't spoken too her for years, and was shaw she was dead, a friend went too her funeral....(silence/chuckle)....I was going too go, luckily I didn't, as it wouldn't have been her....(silence/chuckle).

We all sit in silence until someone says something totally different.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It sounds like he is a joke writer for Bernard Manning, or should that be Bernard Matthews...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No doubt your life is so dull, that you can actually write your diary one week in advance. Any friend of yours is a lousy judge of character. Seriously, I've come across decomposing dog carcases that have less crap than come out of your mouth.

If that doesn't work, kill him.

Stst Brother said:
Just for you GNLF, I'll try & do this one verbatium.

"I got a xmas card today....(silence from everyone, he chuckles).... it was from my mum....(silence/chuckle).... I thought she was dead....(silence/chuckle).... I haven't spoken too her for years, and was shaw she was dead, a friend went too her funeral....(silence/chuckle)....I was going too go, luckily I didn't, as it wouldn't have been her....(silence/chuckle).

We all sit in silence until someone says something totally different.

Try my suggestion, it'll work!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
y2dave said:
I like him. Personally I would encourage his tall tales.

We did set him up with talk of winnings from fruit machines. There was then a long silence, but he obviously just couldn't help himself:-

'I was @ the roulette wheel in Vegas, & kept putting chips down & getting loads back. They weren't priced so I don't know how much I was gambling or what I was doing. The I was surrounded by all the beautiful women all wanting me too buy them drinks. I finally lost and they all left, but I think if I won I'd have won 10's of thousands of pounds'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here