Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Dignity at Work - WTF??

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yes I'm fumingly mad - aside from the fact that I have a list of things to do seven miles long and I'll never get out of the office in time to finish them all before Christmas I now find out I have to spare two hours of time here this afternoon to do to a Dignity At Work Course "Working With Respect"...... ???

Wonder if half of the other monkeys in this dept have taken it??

Firstly the cow who turned me down for an internal job move 2 weeks ago saying "there were 5 candidates for this role - 2 were head and shoulders above the rest and you're not one of them"

Secondly the idiot who had the stupidity to comment the other day that surely one of the Indian ladies in our department couldn't run a seminar on some hiring process as people wouldn't understand her accent....

My boss for one - who emails me from two desks away WTF you sit two desks away from me you mad cow - ask me in person!!

Right must calm down and trudge off to the 7th floor for a rather large case of hypocrisy to be stuffed down my throat....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
HR at it's worst.

Get a new job, tedebear, away from there. I put up with 25 years of rubbish like that until I got made redundant.
You have to spend too much time at work to put up with that sort of palaver.

This job pays less but I am so much happier here. I know I'm leaving because I'm moving but the job would be disappearing in July anyway because they're relocating.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yorkie said:
HR at it's worst.

Get a new job, tedebear, away from there. I put up with 25 years of rubbish like that until I got made redundant.
You have to spend too much time at work to put up with that sort of palaver.

This job pays less but I am so much happier here. I know I'm leaving because I'm moving but the job would be disappearing in July anyway because they're relocating.

Back now - it wasn't bad at all actually and only 1 hour thankfully!!

I sooooooo hope that everyone that I work with attends that course!! There is not enough dignity in this workplace at all....

Problme is Yorkie - I'd love to find a new job - but I'm stuck with this company as they are the sponsors of my visa - as the IND won't give me Indefinite Leave to Remain as I don't satisfy all of thie bloody stupid criteria....but thats another rant :blush:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Safeway said:
Seems to me like you're losing a bit of dignity right now with your frothing-at-the-mouth rant. Perhaps the course is just what you need?

Either that or an anger management course.

;)

shut it ;) :lol:

Oh dear, sounds familiar. I work for a well known national company. Like most companies, they have an equal oportunities policy. It talks much of no discrimination on the basis of race, gender etc. The phrase "dignity at work" is mentioned often. Fine words, but the reality is different. As a departmental T.U. rep, my experience of this policy is that it is no more than an arse covering exercise for management, who are only interested in paying lip service to the contents. How it should really read IMO is: Only those who kiss the arse of management, are members of the golf society, and are fully fledged members of the b.b.q. circuit will be treated with dignity. ??? Anyone who makes a complaint under the policy is normally fudged off along the grievance procedure. Having managers who are morons makes my job as a T.U. rep easier, but that's not how it should be.
It's laughable that the people responsible for implementing the policy are the biggest ofenders when it comes to treating others in an undignified way!
In the new year, I may have the opportunity of taking a redundancy package. It's looking more tempting by the day.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zeitgeist said:
Oh dear, sounds familiar. I work for a well known national company. Like most companies, they have an equal oportunities policy. It talks much of no discrimination on the basis of race, gender etc. The phrase "dignity at work" is mentioned often. Fine words, but the reality is different. As a departmental T.U. rep, my experience of this policy is that it is no more than an arse covering exercise for management, who are only interested in paying lip service to the contents. How it should really read IMO is: Only those who kiss the arse of management, are members of the golf society, and are fully fledged members of the b.b.q. circuit will be treated with dignity. ??? Anyone who makes a complaint under the policy is normally fudged off along the grievance procedure. Having managers who are morons makes my job as a T.U. rep easier, but that's not how it should be.
It's laughable that the people responsible for implementing the policy are the biggest ofenders when it comes to treating others in an undignified way!
In the new year, I may have the opportunity of taking a redundancy package. It's looking more tempting by the day.

Take it. It was the best thing I did.

Big payout. I was only out of work for 4 weeks and have a job I really enjoy now.

Dec 10, 2003
tedebear said:
Yes I'm fumingly mad - aside from the fact that I have a list of things to do seven miles long and I'll never get out of the office in time to finish them all before Christmas I now find out I have to spare two hours of time here this afternoon to do to a Dignity At Work Course "Working With Respect"...... ???

Wonder if half of the other monkeys in this dept have taken it??

Firstly the cow who turned me down for an internal job move 2 weeks ago saying "there were 5 candidates for this role - 2 were head and shoulders above the rest and you're not one of them"

Secondly the idiot who had the stupidity to comment the other day that surely one of the Indian ladies in our department couldn't run a seminar on some hiring process as people wouldn't understand her accent....

My boss for one - who emails me from two desks away WTF you sit two desks away from me you mad cow - ask me in person!!

Right must calm down and trudge off to the 7th floor for a rather large case of hypocrisy to be stuffed down my throat....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :shootself

You've gotta play the game haven't you, of corse its hypocrisy, but like any big multi-national these things have to be seen to be actioned. How old are you? this is something I learned to live with quite early in my career, and sometimes switch myself off from reality when I'm at work.

To be fair from what I've heard you work in the HR department of a canary wharf bank. What do you expect, no offence but HR are viewed just above err the cleaners in most companies (albeit they are nicer to look at) and in an investment bank where the spread of wages is massive, and the arrogance of traders/ young developer contractors is through the roof are you really suprised that you are witnessing such behaviour??

Either deal with it
fight it
or quit

but don't bore us with it on a bloody football chat site, good god woman.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tea and scones or whatever you call yourself dont be so insulting.

This is a site for Albion fans quite a few of us have met and know each other.

We like to talk about work as well as football. Some like to talk about sex (usually the ones who aren't getting any) and all sorts of off topic conversation.

If you don't like the subject of the thread then don't read it but don't criticise the person who has written it.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Re: Re: OT - Dignity at Work - WTF??

Tea and scones said:
You've gotta play the game haven't you, of corse its hypocrisy, but like any big multi-national these things have to be seen to be actioned. How old are you? this is something I learned to live with quite early in my career, and sometimes switch myself off from reality when I'm at work.

To be fair from what I've heard you work in the HR department of a canary wharf bank. What do you expect, no offence but HR are viewed just above err the cleaners in most companies (albeit they are nicer to look at) and in an investment bank where the spread of wages is massive, and the arrogance of traders/ young developer contractors is through the roof are you really suprised that you are witnessing such behaviour??

Either deal with it
fight it
or quit

Shut it, Dwayne!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

Tea and scones said:

Either deal with it
fight it
or quit

its almost painful to see how much dwayne wants to post on here. then again it is f***ing funny too

i earn blahblah, i drive blahblah, i've met blahblah (but can i please come and post on nsc? pleeeeeeeeease. purleeeeeeeeeeeease):lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Tea and scones said:

Either deal with it
fight it
or quit

he he - trod on a nerve there didn't I ....yes I work in HR - but I'm not a generalist - I'm an accountant - so make of that what you will....

Well at least I'm calmer today.....so your childish petulance won't wind me up...sounds like you should attend the course then??

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here