Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: Decaf Tea

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mrs Frogs drank the stuff when she was preggers, but then she likes her tea like gnats pee anyway. As soon as she had dropped the sprogs, she was back on 'full strength' Typhoo!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ooh, Red Bush is a bit minging, don't like that. I do drink Tetley Decaf, I don't think it tastes that bad. Green Tea is lovely, but you don't really want to put milk in it.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I've got a box of Co-Op decaf. I think it does taste like tea, and it's ok, but I find myself using 2 teabags to get a decent strength cuppa! I imagine that rather defeats the object!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
lb_emilyandflorence_lge.jpg

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Er no. 2 x 0 = 0.

Well I was told decaff doesn't = 0 caff, but is in fact 'less caff'. That's why I made the point that if I use 2 x decaff then I may be equalling a normal tea bag's caffeine quota which defeats the object.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well I was told decaff doesn't = 0 caff, but is in fact 'less caff'. That's why I made the point that if I use 2 x decaff then I may be equalling a normal tea bag's caffeine quota which defeats the object.

To be allowed to call itself decaf any product with caffeine must have at least 97% of it removed. Some decaf teas have been found to have higher levels of the antioxidant flavanoids than regular tea so are just as good for you, if not better. As for the taste; there is a distinct taste to caffeinated tea that you can't quite replicate in decaf but as I said, the better brands come very close. Avoid Tetley, PG etc as they taste crap in comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here