Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Anyone any good with legal advice

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hello all,

A friend of mine from Hastings has been accused of suspected fraud ( forging documents ) by his former employees, he has been asked to attend a police interview on Tuesday and is going to see a solicitor on Monday.

He denies what he is being accused of. The question I have is his solicitor able to change the police interview date to a later time so that he has the chance to get together some bits and pieces/ correspondence that will assist his defence/ also to go through those bits with his solicitor or is he better off attending on Tuesday

I think his concern is that without the copies of the correspondence and bits that could clear him that may take time to do he is going to have very little defence against the accusations

Has anyone got any ideas?, I have no experience at all in any of this

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Given the seriousness of the alledged offence, I'd recommend getting legal advice from a solicitor, not a football forum.
The only advice I'd give is ALWAYS have a solicitor present if being interviewed by police.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
If his former employers were Billy Smarts Circus he would probably be able to sue them for funfair dismissal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he is in a Union then now is the time to use them.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh come on eh, who hasn't forged some documents at some time or another?

Dr Hove Born&Bred (MB ChB/BS)(MRCGP)(MRCP )

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I solicitor will need to request more time to provide defence evidence but will need to convince the judge these will be of relevence to the case and not just stalling for time - a few weeks adjournment should be possible. Have charges been made or is it still in review with CPS?

There are two defences available ...

"I didn't do it".

"I did it, but it isn't a crime".

The first defence needs a bog-standard criminal lawyer. The second needs a fancy lawyer.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If he is attending the station voluntarily, then his brief needs to ring the officer in the case to see if they can re arrange the interview date and time. If they can't change it, then he always has the option of going 'no comment' whilst listening to what the evidence is that the Police have during the interview. Either way, the police normally give some kind of disclosure to the brief prior to the interview about what they want to talk about or ask. If it's a complicated deception, then he may have to be bailed whilst OB continue their enquiries, potential forensic submissions/examinations etc.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Easy. Talk to the Police and arrange another time and date. If he hasn't been arrested previously for the same alleged offence his attendance is not enforceable. it is merely a mutually agreed appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here