Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT (and it's a long shot) : To the two people who got invoices in Portslade Aldi ..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
... today.

One a black T reg Toyota and the other a burgundy R reg Corsa.

IGNORE THEM. Totally unenforceable. Feel free to ring me on the number I put in your little yellow packets if you're unsure.

**** Waits to get flamed for this public service announcement ****

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why would you be bothered about someone else getting a ticket?

Because they aren't "parking tickets" they are akin to extortion and the Corsa still had 2 hours left of their free 3 hours.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Im waiting for someone to post a topic saying "some bloody traffic warden gave me a ticket today in the Portslade Aldi" - shirley i cant be the only one

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Im waiting for someone to post a topic saying "some bloody traffic warden gave me a ticket today in the Portslade Aldi" - shirley i cant be the only one

:lol:

Although it would be "Parking Eye Goon" rather than "Traffic Warden" !

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Because they aren't "parking tickets" they are akin to extortion and the Corsa still had 2 hours left of their free 3 hours.
Understand that, but why are you bothered about it?

Want to bother about mine? I have a marked traders van and was stopped on double yellows to load, and got a ticket stating you were "observed from 12.19 - 12.20, 1 minute !

But hey ho, it £35, so what, bit bitter for 1 minute but still paid up, more important thing to be concerned about, certainly not others peoples parking tickets.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Want to bother about mine? I have a marked traders van and was stopped on double yellows to load, and got a ticket stating you were "observed from 12.19 - 12.20, 1 minute !

But hey ho, it £35, so what, bit bitter for 1 minute but still paid up, more important thing to be concerned about, certainly not others peoples parking tickets.

But you are mixing up invoices from Private Parking Companies and council issued ones. I couldn't give a toss about council ones - there's a fair and valid appeal route and if issued correctly it's because someone has parked illegally.

PPC "tickets" on the other hand break contract law and use bullying and intimidation to persuade people to pay up. Sad though it may be I like to help people caught up in that sort of situation and hopefully bankrupt the PPCs eventually ( I'm certainly not alone in my crusade ). I've spent 10 minutes of my time trying to help two people NOT pay around £100 to scammers - not sure what there is to disagree with unless you don't like to idea of helping your fellow human beings ?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Private parking tickets are effectively a legalised scam, and only one step up from a Nigerian e-mail.

The fact that they are completely unenforceable, and yet hundreds if not thousands of people every day pay these bloody things without questioning them, whilst dodgy Managing Directors of these companies sail about on yachts purchased on the proceeds of conning someone out of money they do not legally owe.

It does get my back up too.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Private parking tickets are effectively a legalised scam, and only one step up from a Nigerian e-mail.

The fact that they are completely unenforceable, and yet hundreds if not thousands of people every day pay these bloody things without questioning them, whilst dodgy Managing Directors of these companies sail about on yachts purchased on the proceeds of conning someone out of money they do not legally owe.

It does get my back up too.

ManxRed by chance ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Although it may make you more bitter that timing MAY be just 1 second...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother in law got one at Lidls in Littlehampton and being an awkward b......d I have taken over fighting it for him. The latest is they wanted copies of the till receipt before considering cancelling it so, being as I said awkward, I wrote telling them he didn't have them and that was the last letter I was going to write FOC after that they would be invoiced at the rate of £25 per letter I am waiting to hear from the company again.l It is a company called Athena at a PO Box no in CHERTSEY Surrey.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
i'm with you on this one westdene, good on you,
pure scum scamming!
(sorry, it is one of my major hates)

Go Westdene! These wankers are up there with Wonga.com and their cronies IMO.

My brother in law got one at Lidls in Littlehampton and being an awkward b......d I have taken over fighting it for him. The latest is they wanted copies of the till receipt before considering cancelling it so, being as I said awkward, I wrote telling them he didn't have them and that was the last letter I was going to write FOC after that they would be invoiced at the rate of £25 per letter I am waiting to hear from the company again.l It is a company called Athena at a PO Box no in CHERTSEY Surrey.

Thank you. Should you be interested here's what happened today !

ATTENTION : To the two people who got invoices in Portslade Aldi ... ..... today.

One a black T reg Toyota and the other a burgundy L reg Corsa - PLEASE IGNORE THE INVOICES.

I did remonstrate with the Parking Eye goon who didn't understand the difference between a civil contract and illegal parking.

Feel free to ring me on the number I put on the note in your little yellow packets if you're unsure. Hopefully finding this thread and others will stop you paying them.

What really hacked me off was that the goon parked HIS car right in front of the supermarket loading bay in front of a sign saying no parking. Obviously too stupid to read !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, he ran away pretty quickly when I challenged him and he was rather annoyed when I kept standing in front of the number plates as he tried to take a photo
laughing-smiley-014.gif

Note to the thick as ***** goon and Parking Eye. I live 3 minutes away and have now decided I'm going to pop in regularly, walk the car park and tamper with your little yellow packets. What I would be interested in is under what act of parliament I've committed an "offence" ( your word not mine ) by opening said packets and drawing all over your invoices ?

After our discussion he went into the store to get away from me ( I was a tad aggressive ). I just went and sat in my car. When he came back he checked that his little yellow packets were still there but didn't see I'd put large lines and "See other side" on the front of the paper slips. On the back was an explanation that these were unenforceable invoices and an invite to phone me. I was absolutely fuming for them. If I'd known it was his car in front of the loading bay I would have blocked him in.

@BensGrandad - all for winding them up but it might have been easier to just ignore them !

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
My brother in law got one at Lidls in Littlehampton .

Worth checking the planning permission that they got to build the store. In our town they agreed to provide parking for the whole town (up to a reasonable time) in return for planning permission and then three weeks after opening stuck up signs saying "customers only, penalty" etc. After complaints from a few better informed residents (myself included) these had to be swiftly removed and now I am able to use their Car Park for up to two hours for any business that I have in the town - as was originally intended by the Planning Committee.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Worth checking the planning permission that they got to build the store. In our town they agreed to provide parking for the whole town (up to a reasonable time) in return for planning permission and then three weeks after opening stuck up signs saying "customers only, penalty" etc. After complaints from a few better informed residents (myself included) these had to be swiftly removed and now I am able to use their Car Park for up to two hours for any business that I have in the town - as was originally intended by the Planning Committee.

As is the case with Aldi in Portslade. Planning permission was granted on the basis that 3 hours free parking would be provided AND people would be allowed to park there to use other local businesses. Aldi broke the first condition by only allowing 2 hours and were recently forced by the council to adhere to 3 hours. Currently their agents, Parking Eye, are breaking the second condition on behalf of Aldi. Then again, Parking Eye operate on the edge of the law so I guess they don't care !

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Parking companies only exist because the DVLA sell the personal data of the registered keeper making around 8.5 million a year from it, you get nowhere if you try challenging the DVLA about what right they have to sell your info without your permission, if they stopped supplying the info to these parking companies then they are dead in the water, but why would they when they are making that sort of dosh each year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here