Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unless I'm missing something, where was he on Saturday and will he be ready for tonight? Our most consistent winger at the moment imo.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not fit for tonight.

"Brighton are without winger Andrea Orlandi who is still sidelined with the calf injury..."

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unless I'm missing something, where was he on Saturday and will he be ready for tonight? Our most consistent winger at the moment imo.

there is no point having an in-form winger if we dont have a 6' 8 target man to smash the crosses home........imho.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gus Poyet confirmed that Andrea Orlandi will not be available for selection against Leicester City on Tuesday night.

The Spanish midfielder was on the sidelines on Saturday owing to a tight calf muscle and the Albion boss expects him to be ready for action at Blackpool at the weekend.

Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “Andrea will not be ready for Tuesday but we are 100 per cent sure that he will be ready for Saturday.

“Everybody else that was involved on Saturday is fine though. There was a clash of heads in training yesterday, between Gary Dicker and Matt Sparrow, but they are both alright.

“One had a lump on his head and the other got a cut, but they are both training today which is good news.”

MATCH PREVIEW

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not possible for the Albion to have more than 1 fully fit winger at any single point in time. FACT.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Where do you get that from? He's only started twice! Most consistent winger? Bizarre comment.

there is no point having an in-form winger if we dont have a 6' 8 target man to smash the crosses home........imho.

And you can NOT be serious with that, surely? You don't have to have a lump up front to require good wingers. Unless you're actually Sam Allardyce in disguise.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

As much as this is a flippant comment, there is an element of truth in it. A Saints fan friend of mine, who normally talks a fair amount of sense, said that "you dont get out of this divison without a big lump up front"

When you think about it, historically he is largely correct

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Where do you get that from? He's only started twice! Most consistent winger? Bizarre comment.

And you can NOT be serious with that, surely? You don't have to have a lump up front to require good wingers. Unless you're actually Sam Allardyce in disguise.

no ,no , i was not being serious at all and you have completely juxtaposed the intent of my point.:mad:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As much as this is a flippant comment, there is an element of truth in it. A Saints fan friend of mine, who normally talks a fair amount of sense, said that "you dont get out of this divison without a big lump up front"

When you think about it, historically he is largely correct

the 6'8" was flippant .....the rest of it i meant........there is no use having attacking full-backs ,l+r mid and wingers all capable of delivering accurate and servicable crosses when you are banging them in towards cms who may or may not have 3or 4 6 foot + gorillaz in his immediate vicinity........sheff weds wont happen every week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I know this was a flippant remark but Orlandi's crosses and corners are a such a good quality that even Greer managed to head a winning goal.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know this was a flippant remark but Orlandi's crosses and corners are a such a good quality that even Greer managed to head a winning goal.

exakkerry......greer 6'2" centre back , cms love him and he is a great player but he is vertically challenged. if we had a big cf like roberts or davies or someone who is deadly in the air it would give all these massive cb's something to worry about and perhaps create a bit more space in the box for the small fry to clean up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
exakkerry......greer 6'2" centre back , cms love him and he is a great player but he is vertically challenged. if we had a big cf like roberts or davies or someone who is deadly in the air it would give all these massive cb's something to worry about and perhaps create a bit more space in the box for the small fry to clean up.

I often wonder what the point is, of our defenders going up to the opposition's box for corners. Since Elphick left, we haven't had a defender capable of heading in shots on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here