Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orient fan's view: You were hard done by

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
.........a joke of a ref - we know that it was a stonewall pen, he was rubbish. Although I was about 20 yards from Poyet and he went mental at the fourth official, swearing like a maniac - probably why he got sent off. The ref was really niggly as well, some stuff he did get right like the blatant backpass (altho Kuipers shouldve been booked) and general shittiness.
He looked about 12 so it was a silly decision to put such an inexperienced ref in charge of a feisty game.

Anyway, the football: Fair result with two evenly matched teams. You bossed us 1st half, we were lucky not be 4 down with the offside goal and the penalty and Murray's bad miss. we came back second half and I think 1 all was fair.
Awful mistake by our keeper but he is only 19 and made up for it with a cracking save later on. Out goal was from the backpass fk, just a poorly hit volley by Scotty when it came back off the wall.

I'd have taken the draw all day, you were woeful in defence but superb going forward mostly and it was always gonna be tight.We were awful today and should have taken advantage except our centre backs who were magnificent.

Scotty always scores against you, I thought his celebration was a bit unecessary really. But he probably thinks that he's never gonna be forgiven for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28zc1fvGHc and I guess he wanted to rub it in. Meh, deserved booking probably. Good goal though.

Kuipers really pissed me off with his timewasting btw (even before HT) and I saw him having a right old shout at an Orient fan afterwards.

But yeah, 1-1, good spicy, entertaining game spolied by a shite ref. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Highly charged wouldn't go close to describe that day. Why the prat celebrated like that on a day like that is impossible to understand

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How any set of fans can like 'Scotty' McGleish is beyond me, what an utter wanker, if he breaks his legs next week, I'll laugh at the dirty little scragbag.:tosser:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Kuipers having a go at Orient fans, how dare he, all they did was throw a coin at him. :shrug:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
How any set of fans can like 'Scotty' McGleish is beyond me, what an utter wanker, if he breaks his legs next week, I'll laugh at the dirty little scragbag.:tosser:

That is quite a cool insult, not heard it before but will use it now :thumbsup:

About McGleish i couldn't give a f*** abut what happened at the goldstone because it wern't him , but today he was simpily a cunt

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
About McGleish i couldn't give a f*** abut what happened at the goldstone because it wern't him.

It was him overdoing the celebration. Were you there?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't it Carl Griffiths also,i think he was worse that day if i remember.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
They seem to go in for them, don't they? Does anyone remember that prize tosser Tony Richards in 1998? Scored a hattrick in an FA Cup match and came and lorded it in front of 3000 Albion fans. I have never been so angry at a football match.

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
It's the current manager of Brentwood Town (Griffiths) you should be angry at!

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
Has he never done something similar every other time he's scored against you?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Hardly surprising is it with the stick he always gets.Today was out of order though,it was well over the top.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
.........a joke of a ref - we know that it was a stonewall pen, he was rubbish. Although I was about 20 yards from Poyet and he went mental at the fourth official, swearing like a maniac - probably why he got sent off. The ref was really niggly as well, some stuff he did get right like the blatant backpass (altho Kuipers shouldve been booked) and general shittiness.
He looked about 12 so it was a silly decision to put such an inexperienced ref in charge of a feisty game.

Anyway, the football: Fair result with two evenly matched teams. You bossed us 1st half, we were lucky not be 4 down with the offside goal and the penalty and Murray's bad miss. we came back second half and I think 1 all was fair.
Awful mistake by our keeper but he is only 19 and made up for it with a cracking save later on. Out goal was from the backpass fk, just a poorly hit volley by Scotty when it came back off the wall.

I'd have taken the draw all day, you were woeful in defence but superb going forward mostly and it was always gonna be tight.We were awful today and should have taken advantage except our centre backs who were magnificent.

Scotty always scores against you, I thought his celebration was a bit unecessary really. But he probably thinks that he's never gonna be forgiven for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28zc1fvGHc and I guess he wanted to rub it in. Meh, deserved booking probably. Good goal though.

Kuipers really pissed me off with his timewasting btw (even before HT) and I saw him having a right old shout at an Orient fan afterwards.

But yeah, 1-1, good spicy, entertaining game spolied by a shite ref. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Good sum up and good game today. However, out of interest, I don't see how a draw was a fair result when had the referee been any good we would have been 1 up had a penalty and a man advantage. Also we could, as you say, have been 4 up at half time and the second half was quite even so I would say a 2 goal win today would have been about right.

I wasn't impressed with Orient today but it may well have been due to you playing midweek and us having not played since Millwall. I have not been as frustrated by an away draw for a long time though.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just a point to say Kuipers couldnt have been booked for the backpass, as a player can't be cautioned for an indirect free kick offence, e.g- offside and backpasses.

showpony

Sep 2, 2004
HH
Brighton4Cambridge3 Just a point to say Kuipers couldnt have been booked for the backpass, as a player can't be cautioned for an indirect free kick offence, e.g- offside and backpasses.

even though he illegally blocked a goal scoring opportunity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here