Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orient fans on Saturday

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure of this has been posted elsewhere but the Orient fans on Saturday were a total disgrace. Consider this:-

1. The turn out was pathetic. I cannot think of another London club who would not have filled our away end. Compare Brentford a few weeks ago.

2. A number of them spent part of the second half screaming abuse at us rather than supporting their team. This was not the usual chanting but individuals who seemed to have a need to yell at us on their own.

3. Several of them thought it would be funny (grow up lads) to nick the ball that the Brighton subs were using for their half time kick about when it was kicked into their end. It was not returned. Tommy Fraser reported it to the stewards and identified the culprits but suprise surprise no action was taken.

4. Almost every club in the country has suported the Falmer campaign. It is an issue that unites all true football fans. I wonder why one individual in the Orient end found it necessary,
when an appeal was made at half time for support for the Sunday march, to stand up and gesture as if playing the violin.

I shall enjoy watching Orient sink back down to the basement division where they belong. I shall also enjoy another day out at Brisbane Road - it always reminds me how lucky I am to live in Sussex.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought it was funny that when they were awarded the penalty they just sat there, I couldn't see any reaction from them. Probably a mixture of being 3-0 down and unless they all had binoculars they probably couldn't see the ref pointing to the spot, it did happen about half a mile away from them after all.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They have a ground and they will never go anywere and will never be as big as us even if we never get falmer. they just make up the numbers!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Unfair to tar them all with the same brush.

It can't be fun spending £24 to sit a mile away from the pitch and watch your side capitulate. All credit to those who did make the journey.

However, there are bound to be some idiots, as I am sure we have.....

Last edited:

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006
now i cant wait to go their Ground , those bastards WE can show them what True away Supporters Are :lolol: :drink: :clap2:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Orient fans are c*nts. Always have been c*nts, always will be. The club that time (and everyone else) forgot - nothing endearingly small-time about them.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Now hold on one minute. I happen to take two lifelong fans with me to the game and they sat in the North stand with me (courtesy of a season ticket holder who could not make it). They were known to the usual season ticket holders and there was some jesting going on but they are not as childish as you make out and certainly aint c****. One of them has probably been to more Brighton matches against other opposition that some so called die hard Albion fans. He has been to Wembley with me as well as turning out at Barnet, WHU, Brentford etc. Sadly, he had to move down to Swansea but that has not stopped him watching our beloved at Swansea, Cardiff City, Brizzle City / Rovers. So, grow up and get a life, I can think of worse away supporters having visited the Withdean and we have not always covered ourselves in glory on some away trips either!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bombardier said:
Now hold on one minute. I happen to take two lifelong fans with me to the game and they sat in the North stand with me (courtesy of a season ticket holder who could not make it). They were known to the usual season ticket holders and there was some jesting going on but they are not as childish as you make out and certainly aint c****. One of them has probably been to more Brighton matches against other opposition that some so called die hard Albion fans. He has been to Wembley with me as well as turning out at Barnet, WHU, Brentford etc. Sadly, he had to move down to Swansea but that has not stopped him watching our beloved at Swansea, Cardiff City, Brizzle City / Rovers. So, grow up and get a life, I can think of worse away supporters having visited the Withdean and we have not always covered ourselves in glory on some away trips either!

Does that post not completely make sense?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bombardier said:

I cant think of many worse to be honest, And I dont recall us taking the piss at other clubs who haven't got grounds. Who are the worst away fans out of curiousity?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Everone is entitled to their views. Personally and because of my friendship with these two Orient supporters I have no problem with them or their club and yes, despite the grievance shown by Orient when we faced punishment whilst at the Goldstone. I have more of a beef with Brentford and so called Lewes fans than Orient.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're an utter insignificance. I doubt I'll even notice when they're relegated.

One of the most pointless clubs in the country, if not the world.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I had no problems with them or their club until Saturday but to be honest to start taking the piss and playing an imaginary violin about our ground is a f***ing joke. Each to their own though I spose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
DAMANCLAY said:
I had no problems with them or their club until Saturday but to be honest to start taking the piss and playing an imaginary violin about our ground is a f***ing joke. Each to their own though I spose.

can't really blame all Orient fans for a handful of individuals. Granted they're probably bitter as they must realise that they are going down and I can understand why there had such a poor turnout.

Don't feel sorry for them as to be honest they're just one of many clubs I couldn't care less about.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ever since we beat them at their place in about 1995 on the night the "there's no-one there" chant started up with ample reason - Orient, from the chairman down to their wife-beating socially-retarded fans, have chips on their shoulder THIS big about us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bhaexpress said:
can't really blame all Orient fans for a handful of individuals. Granted they're probably bitter as they must realise that they are going down and I can understand why there had such a poor turnout.

Don't feel sorry for them as to be honest they're just one of many clubs I couldn't care less about.

True, Only take a couple to shape an opinion though.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
harold robbins said:

4. Almost every club in the country has suported the Falmer campaign. It is an issue that unites all true football fans. I wonder why one individual in the Orient end found it necessary,
when an appeal was made at half time for support for the Sunday march, to stand up and gesture as if playing the violin.

I'm surprised you guys can't have a little chuckle about this. I know it has been one seriously long frustration, but generally I think you've kept your spirits up amazingly and I would have thought a gesture like that might have raised a smile.

I'm sure the bloke didn't mean he hopes Falmer fails. Then again, I know nothing about the little rivalry that has built between the two of you.

You WILL have the last laugh.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Orient fans on Saturday

5 past Kuipers said:
I'm surprised you guys can't have a little chuckle about this. I know it has been one seriously long frustration, but generally I think you've kept your spirits up amazingly and I would have thought a gesture like that might have raised a smile.

I'm sure the bloke didn't mean he hopes Falmer fails. Then again, I know nothing about the little rivalry that has built between the two of you.

We had an interim 'last laugh' at 10 to five.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Orient fans on Saturday

5 past Kuipers said:

We will certainly have the last laugh. Much of what goes on at football I am inclined to laugh at but I thought this gesture was crass and insensitive. But then this is Orient we`re talikng about...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here