Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oreint - Was I Dreaming!!!!!!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I know full well what people will say to me regarding my comments over the last 48 hours...But can we break from the insults to just live it up a little....

Wasnt last night Just simply fantastic..It felt like the good old days when we were getting promotion. The team played fantastic and everything we tried to pull off more or less came off,Brilliant indivisuel performances from Coxy,Bertin And Hammond and also A good strikers performance from Bas savage..Lets just hope he can keep it up.

Everyone talking about Revell.....But If Bowditch gets fit..with saviola and Bowditch..now that could be intresting.

Well done dean...I give the guy lots of stick on here but lastnight was immense!

well done the lads..I was proud to be an albion fan lastnight,and I havent been able to say that for a while!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I received a call last from Swansea where my O's supporting buddy now resides. The disappointment in his voice said it all. He was just getting over Bournemouth and then this. I feel for him, I truly do but it has to be said........that sounded like one hell of a performance. Sadly, I was still on the A27 in the driving rain when the game kicked off and the reception was pants. Let's hope the lads keep it up and we, the supporters get behind the team 1000000% on Saturday!

SEAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLS

Perhaps byf you now understand why the majority of Albion fans are backing Wilkins despite the recent bad run. There are no quick fixes in football, you only have to look at West Ham for evidence of that. A manager merry go round will only desatbilise the club further, what we need now is a stable platform to build on. If we avoid relegation by just 1 point this season I will be happy because I think next season (if we can keep the youngsters at the club), we could do very well in this division. Wilkins has a lot of good ideas but he needs time to get them across to the players, maybe now you will give him a break?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lokki 7 said:
Perhaps byf you now understand why the majority of Albion fans are backing Wilkins despite the recent bad run. There are no quick fixes in football, you only have to look at West Ham for evidence of that. A manager merry go round will only desatbilise the club further, what we need now is a stable platform to build on. If we avoid relegation by just 1 point this season I will be happy because I think next season (if we can keep the youngsters at the club), we could do very well in this division. Wilkins has a lot of good ideas but he needs time to get them across to the players, maybe now you will give him a break?

Agree for the most part Jim, only exceptionaly should a new manager be introduced partway through a season. It was a gamble but the Steve Gritt appointment worked..thank god!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Lokki 7 said:

Top post

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
byf said:
I know full well what people will say to me regarding my comments over the last 48 hours...But can we break from the insults to just live it up a little....

Wasnt last night Just simply fantastic..It felt like the good old days when we were getting promotion. The team played fantastic and everything we tried to pull off more or less came off,Brilliant indivisuel performances from Coxy,Bertin And Hammond and also A good strikers performance from Bas savage..Lets just hope he can keep it up.

Everyone talking about Revell.....But If Bowditch gets fit..with saviola and Bowditch..now that could be intresting.

Well done dean...I give the guy lots of stick on here but lastnight was immense!

well done the lads..I was proud to be an albion fan lastnight,and I havent been able to say that for a while!

Like I said to you before they are a young side and its a confidence thing. We could go on a beat Forest next you just never know with this team.....

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lokki 7 said:

Lets just wait and see...I do not think he's the man for the job on the basis of one performance...In the same breath im sue you wouldnt have wanted wilkins gone had we lost 4-1. I just hope he keeps the team as it is for a bit..We looked so much sharper in so many areas and the new guys looked great. I wouldnt personally have robinson and fraser in my starting eleven..

Lets just hope he does turn all this mess around and we have a really good run until the end of the season..setting us in good stead for next season!

SEAGULLS!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
byf said:
Lets just wait and see...I do not think he's the man for the job on the basis of one performance...In the same breath im sue you wouldnt have wanted wilkins gone had we lost 4-1. I just hope he keeps the team as it is for a bit..We looked so much sharper in so many areas and the new guys looked great. I wouldnt personally have robinson and fraser in my starting eleven..

Lets just hope he does turn all this mess around and we have a really good run until the end of the season..setting us in good stead for next season!

SEAGULLS!

Agreed.

I think Robinson on for the last 10 minutes is a good time he has a bit of energy and that will worry tired defenders.

Perry Milkins said:
Agree for the most part Jim, only exceptionaly should a new manager be introduced partway through a season. It was a gamble but the Steve Gritt appointment worked..thank god!!

Fair point Pezza but the occasions where a new manager comes in mid-way and turns things around are very rare. And lets be honest, Gritt replaced Jimmy Case so he couldn't have been any worse, and fan power from the terraces had as much to do with our survival as anything Gritt did on the training field.

¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Let's not forget though that Orient were very very poor

True, but last night shows we are headed in the right direction I think. I'm not getting carried away, a 0-5 loss on Saturday wouldn't surprise me as there is still a lot of work to be done and this is still a young side with a lot of new faces.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lokki 7 said:
Fair point Pezza but the occasions where a new manager comes in mid-way and turns things around are very rare. And lets be honest, Gritt replaced Jimmy Case so he couldn't have been any worse, and fan power from the terraces had as much to do with our survival as anything Gritt did on the training field.

I see what you say, the fanpower was there before Gritt. He just managed the synergies brilliantly and organised and galvanised the team effort.

( I hope you are not trying to argue with me here?)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lokki 7 said:

Absolutely :clap: :clap:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
byf said:

SEAGULLS!

But we are not judging him on one performance ! had we have lost last night I still would not want to see Wilkins sacked, which is what you are saying.

He needs time to settle down and bring on the young players and just as one big win does not make him Manager of the century, one defeat would not make him the worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here