Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ordering from Amazon.com rather than Amazon.uk.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does it take a lot longer and is it loads more expensive?

Cheers for any help.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
it used to be the case that lots of stuff on amazcon.com wasn't available from co.uk, and i used to buy quite a lot of books and music from the states.

postage is obviously higher but not terrible and the delivery takes about a week or so, but no great shakes.

i've found recently though that most of the US stuff is actually now available on the co.uk website...

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've ordered quite a few things over the past few years from the .com site, postage is a bit higher obviously but not exorbitant and the parcel normally arrives within about 5 working days so well worth doing if the item isn't available on co.uk site. Double check your item though before ordering as not everything is available for shipping outside of the US.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've used it to get books that weren't being published in the UK - not too exorbitant at all.

But some computer goods won't be shipped to the UK.

Goodfella said:
Be careful when ordering from .com, as you are liable for tax when it arrives here, albeit very randomly.

generally cd's will get hit for tax and in my experience everything else from amazon, plus the post office will hold it unlesss you pay that tax.

I have found ordering from other companies than Amazon means it get thru without a tax!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tax should only be payable if the order is over £18, give or take.

This is why companies like CD Wow ship items individually in order to ensure people don't get a tax hit.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here