Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orange Mobile customer services

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Thinking of changing my mobile phone preovder on the basis that o2's 3g coverage is crap. very raerly do I get 3g and my ipad T-moble/orange very rarely drops out of 3g.
My question is what is the general experience of Orange customer service in NSC land? Is there a massive press this for that (Like T-Mobile!), or is it reasonable. Are they UK based call centre's?
T-Mobile is the worst i have experienced, but assume Orange still have their own?

Thanks for any advice
???

Orangesquash

Jun 15, 2012
Im on Orange, and everytime I have had to call them they've been pretty helpful. My blackberry had stopped working once, phoned on a Sunday night, they arranged a new one to be sent the next day and got it by 11am Monday morning.

Better than O2 customer service, but i guess it sometimes depends who you speak to!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Im on Orange, and everytime I have had to call them they've been pretty helpful. My blackberry had stopped working once, phoned on a Sunday night, they arranged a new one to be sent the next day and got it by 11am Monday morning.

Better than O2 customer service, but i guess it sometimes depends who you speak to!

I second this , whenever I've had issues they've been fantastic :)

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove

Are they UK based?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
God no, orange customer service is a joke unless they have changed dramatically in the last 18 months? I had problems galore, the staff were f***ing useless. I finally had enough the day they deleted my phone number by accident and couldn't restore it for SIX days! Personally I find 02's 3G coverage very good but I guess it's down to where you are that counts

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I found them completely useless when my daughter lost her phone last year. I had a complete moron who could not have been more unhelpful. This was somebody at the Indian call centre. It got heated & the arsehole hung up on me!

I called the next morning & was put through to the UK Centre. Completely different attitude & the phone was locked up to prevent misuse.

With both T Mobile & Orange, I usually wait in the queue for ages during the day, listening to naff music whilst being told the usual bullshit about how "your call is important to them". I've always found Vodafone the best customer service to deal with in term of helpfulness & waiting time.

Everyone will probably have a different experience with different operators though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't know where customer service is but i'm pretty sure its not UK from when I've phoned up (Orange devices don't enable Euro roaming by default which I had to amend)

I also have O2 (work phone). The 3g covergae for Orange is infinately better in 90% of locations except for my house and my local pub where I get no voice or 3G reception whatsoever. Brilliant.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
it's hit and miss. Depends which call centre you speak too.

My tip is (regardless what you query is) choose the option that says you are thinking of leaving orange. You are then almost always put through to a UK call centre. They then seem to be able to help with anything.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Isn't that the same in all pubs? :wink:

That used to be the case before the advent of 3G and the ability to place increasingly larger bets on your phone whilst getting more drunk. Even my techophobe wife realises there must be reception if I have managed to spunk copious amounts of money up the wall on a horse using 3G.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Thanks for all your replies. Strange some say always a UK call centre some say India. I suppose depends which option you pick. I should be used to it being with Virginmedia and all that. Just want some painless support should I ever need it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here