Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Operation Crackdown - anyone else?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At a junction apparently jumped a red light. Wouldn't have just been me but the cars behind me doing so too (date and time given so I know where/when and remember the volume of traffic as it's not somewhere I regularly drive but walk instead). I was at the front of the queue so maybe singled out. From the junction in question I'm fairly sure the reporter misread the lights and thought or assumed the 1st and 2nd set of lights on the junction (separated by some distance) must always show the same as each other. Also, from the date and time if I and other cars had sailed through a red light we'd have been lucky not to cause a pile up and a riot of horn honking if nothing else.

If it were me I'd be inclined to reply to the Police with that level of detail just so it's on the record.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
i would be tempted to write back to them and threaten to report them under data protection rules. No non-authorised entity (except as guided by law - eg council /police) should be able to obtain your name and address from your license plate. This is NOT public information and i strongly suspect the are acting beyond their authority obtaining this information.

From memory they mentioned that in the letter. Due to it being a local group that had been associated with some initiative the DVLA were allowed to give out my information. Something about suspected crime/breach of legislation.

It all sounded a load of rubbish and I wasn't overly happy. I have been half tempted to stop and have a chat with the guys about how they log the info etc. but they are there infrequently and I can't really be arsed. They seemingly think they are doing something important and I may end up in the same state of boredom when I am an old man

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Received a letter from SP today..apparently I was driving too close to a cyclist ..bllx!
..talks about giving cyclists as much room as I would to overtake a car…personally I’m inclined to give them more, as I hope cars would when they overtake me when I’m on my bike….anyway they’ll be getting a reply back disputing said incident …not Storrington but Wiston

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Received a letter from SP today..apparently I was driving too close to a cyclist ..bllx!
..talks about giving cyclists as much room as I would to overtake a car…personally I’m inclined to give them more, as I hope cars would when they overtake me when I’m on my bike….anyway they’ll be getting a reply back disputing said incident …not Storrington but Wiston
Just tell them that the cyclist in question had just shot through a red light. Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here